TRIUMPH! Events at Fall In! 2018

Please post info about upcoming TRIUMPH! events and tournaments
David Schlanger
Grand Master WGC

TRIUMPH! Events at Fall In! 2018

Post by David Schlanger » Sun Aug 26, 2018 12:49 am

TRIUMPH! version 1.0 will be used and is available from http://www.wargamevault.com

TOURNAMENTS (in Lampeter)

Thursday:
8 PM - 11 PM
"Flower of Chivalry"
Triumph! Theme tournament
Rules: TRIUMPH!
15mm, 4 rounds, Unlimited players
Eligible armies must be comprised of 48 or fewer points of stands from the "Flower of Chivalry" thematic category on Meshwesh: http://meshwesh.wgcwar.com/thematicCate ... 05/explore
Loaner armies available
GM: Spencer Ginder and WGC Team

Friday:
7 PM - 11 PM
15mm Open
Triumph! Open tournament
15mm, 4 rounds, Unlimited players
Eligible armies must be comprised of 48 or fewer points of stands from any list on: http://meshwesh.wgcwar.com
Loaner armies available
GM: WGC Team

EVENTS (in Distlefink)

Epic Conflicts of the Ancient World: An Introduction to TRIUMPH! Fast Play Rules for Ancient and Medieval Battles Ancients
Friday 9AM - Noon
Saturday 9AM - Noon
Scale: 15mm, Rules: Triumph!
Take on the role of Caesar, the Great Khan, or Pharaoh of Egypt. Lead your forces against your enemies and battle your way across four different matchups the Biblical, Classical, Dark Age, or Medieval era. This is a walk-up game opportunity FOR WHICH YOU DO NOT NEED TO BE REGISTERED (just walkup if you see an opening). TRIUMPH! tutors are on hand to help introduce you to the game, teach and answer questions. Rules are easy to learn. All materials provided.
GM: Scott Kastler, Terence McPartland and WGC Team

The Battle of the Five Armies
Friday 1-4PM
Saturday 11AM – 2PM
Smaug the Golden is dead. Armies of Elves, Men, and Dwarves stand ready to fight over control of the Lonely Mountain and the dragon’s vast hoard when they are warned that a vast host of Goblins and Wargs is nearly upon them.
Fight as the Free Peoples, desperate to stop the numberless Goblin host from gaining control of the wealth of Erebor; or as the Goblins and Wargs, trying to conquer the greatest treasure amassed in a thousand years. The fate of Middle Earth is in your hands.
Triumph! will be taught and assistance given to all players. Please consider attending one of our morning walk-up sessions to learn the basics.
GM: David Kuijt

The Battle of Kadesh – Grand Triumph! Scenario Ancients
Friday 1-4PM
Length: 3 hrs; Scale: 15mm;
Players: 8.
It is 1274 BC and Ramses II wants to prove he is the greatest Pharaoh of all-time. What better way to do that than to invade the neighboring Hittite Empire. Ramses leads his forces North where he finds a trap laid near the city of Kadesh by King Muwatalli II. What happens next is one of the largest chariot battles in recorded History. TRIUMPH! rules are easy to learn. Armies provided. Young gamers are welcome, but anyone under 15 must be accompanied by an adult.
Triumph! will be taught and assistance given to all players. Please consider attending one of our morning walk-up sessions to learn the basics.
GM: Brian Peruski and Larry Weichel

Punic Wars Campaign
Saturday 4-11PM
It is the tumultuous time of the Second Punic War. Carthage and Rome clash in the
northern Gulf of the Lion, trying to conquer each other and any smaller tribe that gets in their way. Armies will be provided. Armies include Carthaginians, Romans, Messene, Iberians, Celtiberians, Gauls on both sides of the Alps, Ligurians, and other minor powers. Rules are easy to learn but a little experience is a big help. Armies will be provided. No players under 14 without adult supervision.
Info at: viewtopic.php?f=4&p=2346#p2346
GM: David Kuijt
Rod
Grand Master WGC

Re: TRIUMPH! Events at Fall In! 2018

Post by Rod » Tue Aug 28, 2018 1:57 am

David,
looks like a great line up!
jdesmond
Squire

Post by jdesmond » Wed Aug 29, 2018 7:00 am

Salutations !

Don't know if I'll be there Thursday (probably working for Board of Elections Tuesday, be there at 5:15 to get polls ready to open, till 9 getting results in, may still be sleepcatchingup Thursday). But am tempted to get a German City-States army together, for the Flower of Chivalry tourney, entirely of foot units...
Pavane
Squire

Post by Pavane » Thu Sep 20, 2018 12:46 am

Is there a reason why the Scots Common army isn't included in the Flowers of Chivalry theme? The time period fits.
David Kuijt
Grand Master WGC

Post by David Kuijt » Thu Sep 20, 2018 3:04 pm

I'll check when I get home. Two possibilities occur to me -- could be an inadvertent omission (a mistake), or it could be that Great Britain has its own sets of themes and British armies not appearing on the continent don't get admission into themes like that. Medieval Irish, for example -- is that in the Flower of Chivalry theme? The Feudal English fought in Aquitaine, Brittany, etc; the HYW English fought in Spain, Flanders, and lots of places that are now France, but the Scots Common never went to the continent.

I'll look around when I get home and see. Some Themes overlap geographically, some Themes overlap chronologically; some do both, some do neither -- it depends.
DK
Pavane
Squire

Post by Pavane » Thu Sep 20, 2018 3:30 pm

There is a Franco-Scottish army in the Flowers of Chivalry theme, so that makes sense. It is the only battle involving Scottish troops on the continent in that period I could find. I though that you were trying to suggest that Scots are not chivalrous. :D

At some point, when you have time, it would be nice to have a paragraph on each theme to describe the inclusion parameters and why the theme is significant historically. If a theme is just a catch-all for tournament purposes then you can say that too.
David Kuijt
Grand Master WGC

Post by David Kuijt » Thu Sep 20, 2018 3:51 pm

Pavane wrote:That makes sense. At some point, when you have time, it would be nice to have a paragraph on each theme to describe the inclusion parameters and why the theme is significant historically. If a theme is just a catch-all for tournament purposes then you can say that too.
There are bigger themes and tighter themes, but no "catch-all for tournament" themes. At least, not on Meshwesh.

Some of them cover a greater area (chronological or geographical) and some lesser, of course.

I've looked into Scots Commons, and all the other "Fringes of Britain" armies share the non-membership in Flower of Chivalry. Anglo-Irish, Medieval Irish, North Welsh -- all not in Flower of Chivalry. So yes, the absence of Scots Commons in that theme is deliberate, because it isn't just a chronological unit, it has geographical expanse as well.
DK
Pavane
Squire

Post by Pavane » Thu Sep 20, 2018 8:23 pm

Thanks DK. I've yet to find fault in your explanations.
David Kuijt
Grand Master WGC

Post by David Kuijt » Fri Sep 21, 2018 10:40 am

Pavane wrote:There is a Franco-Scottish army in the Flowers of Chivalry theme, so that makes sense. It is the only battle involving Scottish troops on the continent in that period I could find. I though that you were trying to suggest that Scots are not chivalrous. :D
Perish the thought!
Pavane wrote: At some point, when you have time, it would be nice to have a paragraph on each theme to describe the inclusion parameters and why the theme is significant historically.
In the fullness of time, it is in my mind to have not only some text (a paragraph or two) but a map covering the geographic extent as an aid to players. That's not going to happen for quite some time, though -- it's lower priority than a dozen other Triumph goals and tasks. Print Version with Pics, Battle Cards, Grand Triumph, Fantasy Triumph, Campaign Book, five Scenario Books are all in the works.
DK
Pavane
Squire

Post by Pavane » Tue Oct 02, 2018 3:11 am

I've rebased all of my DBA armies that I will be using at Fall In. It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. Most are at or close to all options Triumph armies because I started with BBDBA armies. I'll complete them to all options as time permits. Surveying my DBA armies, I can see that some armies can't be salvaged for Triumph (too few figures), but at the very least I will have a matched pair for each DBA time period and one Grand Triumph army.