Western NOVA

Post here if you are looking to advertise your gaming club and play some TRIUMPH!
Kontos
Companion-at-Arms

Western NOVA

Post by Kontos » Mon Jun 12, 2017 11:59 am

First off, I want to applaud the efforts of the 2 Davids and their team for Triumph! I have been away from the DBA scene for years now and this is "pulling me back in". If anyone can make it out to Huzzah Hobbies in Ashburn, VA on a Thursday night, let's arrange some games. I look forward to reconnecting with the old DBA community and meet new players as well. It was the best 15 years of gaming and I miss it. Hopefully Triumph will bring about a resurgence of what was the best gaming community out there.

Frank
Bill Hupp
Sergeant

Re: Western NOVA

Post by Bill Hupp » Mon Jul 24, 2017 1:22 pm

Frank,

I definitely demoed Triumph! for a couple of gamers from Northern Virginia. They all loved it.

So I don't know if that's close enough for the hobby store. You may want to put up something at the store.

Also, Triumph! Team, have you considered putting some early release hard copies out at a couple of locations like this? We'd be happy in Chicago to try this at Games Plus and run some demo games.

Bill
Bill Hupp
Thistle & Rose Miniatures
rhialto
Levy

Post by rhialto » Sat Jul 29, 2017 11:47 pm

Hi Frank,

Huzzah is a convenient place for me to meet, but not usually on Thursdays: is there any other day that would work?

Jeff
Kontos
Companion-at-Arms

Post by Kontos » Sun Jul 30, 2017 3:41 am

With advance notice I could do a Tuesday or Wednesday. Wednesday preferred as Tuesday is my shooting night with the wife.
rhialto
Levy

Post by rhialto » Sun Jul 30, 2017 2:03 pm

Wednesday's would probably work: I'll let you know via PM when I'm available. Thanks!

Jeff
David Kuijt
Grand Master WGC

Post by David Kuijt » Sun Jul 30, 2017 3:01 pm

rhialto wrote:Wednesday's would probably work: I'll let you know via PM when I'm available. Thanks!
PM me as well, guys, if you would -- for the next three or four weeks (until the semester starts) I might be able to make it as well. Or email is better -- dkuijt39 is my email at gmail.

In a few months I'm thinking about field-testing my Pelennor Field battle before I run it for real at Fall In; Huzzah Hobbies was one location possible for running it, although I haven't talked to the owner yet. Schedule is still way up in the air, as I'm only about 3/4 through painting the figures (I've been doing that for most of a year) so it is hard to say when I'll be close enough to done to do a field test.
DK
Kontos
Companion-at-Arms

Post by Kontos » Sun Jul 30, 2017 5:01 pm

David Kuijt wrote:
rhialto wrote:Wednesday's would probably work: I'll let you know via PM when I'm available. Thanks!
PM me as well, guys, if you would -- for the next three or four weeks (until the semester starts) I might be able to make it as well. Or email is better -- dkuijt39 is my email at gmail.

In a few months I'm thinking about field-testing my Pelennor Field battle before I run it for real at Fall In; Huzzah Hobbies was one location possible for running it, although I haven't talked to the owner yet. Schedule is still way up in the air, as I'm only about 3/4 through painting the figures (I've been doing that for most of a year) so it is hard to say when I'll be close enough to done to do a field test.
Let me know. I talk to Chris (owner) all the time.
rhialto
Levy

Post by rhialto » Mon Jul 31, 2017 8:42 am

David Kuijt wrote:

Sure thing: I can't do the next 2 weeks, but the week of 14 Aug looks good currently.

Jeff
Kontos
Companion-at-Arms

Post by Kontos » Mon Jul 31, 2017 12:07 pm

Triumph! August 16th...on my calendar. :)
rhialto
Levy

Post by rhialto » Mon Jul 31, 2017 10:16 pm

Roger that! What time?