Campaign Book General Structure

Discuss anything about Washington Grand Company Products (TRIUMPH!, MESHWESH, TERRAIN CARDS, ETC.)
Brummbär
Companion-at-Arms

Re: Campaign Book General Structure

Post by Brummbär » Thu Jul 29, 2021 5:25 pm

Anything new? :(
David Kuijt
Grand Master WGC

Post by David Kuijt » Fri Jul 30, 2021 1:25 am

Brummbär wrote:
Thu Jul 29, 2021 5:25 pm
Anything new? :(
FT work was bumped to the front of the queue, but I finished up the FT draft a month or more ago. Battle Card work is done now, mostly. There are two things not under our control -- interacting with the artist for the final artwork (DS is the lead on that, but I'm involved), and interacting with the graphics guy for the final version of the rules (mostly done, waiting on the artist). And there is one thing I'm working on this month -- getting the Battle Card stuff up on Meshwesh. This isn't stuff that anyone else can do; we're transitioning the Meshwesh stuff to me.

I've just gotten back from Canada (visiting my family out in the Rockies). "Just" here means "three or four days ago". And in less than a week I'll be going to France. This is a sanity break, although since France is still making up their rules for covid-era tourism, the messaging is bizarre and constantly changing. Which doesn't actually lead to sanity.

The two things that remain on the Campaign Book are (1) revisiting all the 100 or so army lists with an eye to the Battle Cards (which rules weren't done when last I visited the campaign army lists), and (2) making all the maps.

If I get some time between coming back from France and the start of the semester, I should be able to mostly finish stuff up. But note that having the product finished isn't the same thing as having the product available -- we need to have a WGC meeting to discuss how it will be made available (i.e., what formats), whether we're going to have our editor guru go through it first, whether we want some additional "color" artwork (photos of armies, most likely), that sort of thing. None of that stuff delays things too much, though -- our editor guy is fast, delays usually come at our end.

I'm sorry for any delay -- I will point out that the end of the semester this year was particularly brutal, professionally -- teaching remotely, 2.5 semesters so far, was very difficult. Which is where the need for a sanity break comes in.
DK
Brummbär
Companion-at-Arms

Post by Brummbär » Fri Jul 30, 2021 5:31 am

Happy to hear that things are still moving forward - and still thrilled for the things to come...

Hope that you will have a good and relaxing time in France!
Can imagine that teaching remotely is not really something which runs smoothly and is good for your health and sanity ;-)
(And you are right: over here in Europe the Covid rules are in a certain "flux" and things are changing frequently.)
Rod
Grand Master WGC

Post by Rod » Fri Jul 30, 2021 12:19 pm

Well it may seem like everything slowed due to summer, which it did slightly, but for me playing in the real has taken over so doing more games and demos real time.

However Andreas, if you are itching to do a Zoom or TTS game just let me know.
David Kuijt
Grand Master WGC

Post by David Kuijt » Fri Jul 30, 2021 2:52 pm

Brummbär wrote:
Fri Jul 30, 2021 5:31 am
Happy to hear that things are still moving forward - and still thrilled for the things to come...
We actually made a huge amount of progress in June -- just sadly mostly invisible to the outside.
Brummbär wrote:
Hope that you will have a good and relaxing time in France!
I will eat some wine and cheese on the riverboat on the Loire in your honor.
Brummbär wrote:
Can imagine that teaching remotely is not really something which runs smoothly and is good for your health and sanity ;-)
Teaching is a performance art, with major aspects of reading the audience and being a class clown. Well, the way I teach, anyway. All of that is horrible when you're looking at 25 tiny zoom windows, six feet from the screen, and 23 of them are blank.
Brummbär wrote:
(And you are right: over here in Europe the Covid rules are in a certain "flux" and things are changing frequently.)
Everywhere. Canada changed its rules four days before I went there, and is changing again next week.

But I hear that Air France wants us to show up four hours before our flight, next week or so. To give time for the body cavity search and French Language Purity Tests, or something?
DK
Brummbär
Companion-at-Arms

Post by Brummbär » Sat Sep 04, 2021 7:04 am

Hope you had a good time in France and boosted the local economy by consuming lots of wine and cheese!

Any news for the upcoming stuff (campaigns, fantasy,…)?

Regards,
Thomas
David Kuijt
Grand Master WGC

Post by David Kuijt » Sat Sep 04, 2021 11:19 am

Brummbär wrote:
Sat Sep 04, 2021 7:04 am
Hope you had a good time in France and boosted the local economy by consuming lots of wine and cheese!

Any news for the upcoming stuff (campaigns, fantasy,…)?

Regards,
Thomas
Real life (start of the semester, back to live teaching, frantic activity); should stabilize soon. Last week was the first week of live classes in 18 months. I'm hoping it sticks, but it would only take two or three cases in the student population to smack us back to virtual, in my estimation. My college has a student population of 25K students (full time; twice that including part time and non-traditional students), but probably only 1/3 the classes are currently live.

Do you have access to the FT beta? Our playtesters have identified a couple of minor places where fixes were needed. Mike S spotted an issue with combining the regenerate battle card with an army general, for example. There was another one this week I forget. I'll ask DS what the current status of our Battle Card artwork (the artist has the last few pieces and we're waiting on that). Campaigns are waiting on me to get the time to do the maps, still. We've put together a schedule of a dozen or so events for the resurgence of the East Coast USA convention scene (Historicon in November), if that doesn't get shot down by delta.
DK
Brummbär
Companion-at-Arms

Post by Brummbär » Sat Sep 04, 2021 4:57 pm

Thanks for the head's up - I cross my fingers, that the situation (for college and events) remains promising!
And yes, have access to the FT beta. Was just curious how things are evolving...

Thanks!
Roundie
Squire

Post by Roundie » Sat Jan 01, 2022 12:38 am

Hi all, happy new year

Any update on the campaign book by chance?
David Kuijt
Grand Master WGC

Post by David Kuijt » Sat Jan 01, 2022 6:06 am

Roundie wrote:
Sat Jan 01, 2022 12:38 am
Hi all, happy new year

Any update on the campaign book by chance?
Sorry, top secret information. Can't discuss it until 2022.
DK