Automatically Logged Off

Discuss anything about Washington Grand Company Products (TRIUMPH!, MESHWESH, TERRAIN CARDS, ETC.)
Gregorius
Companion-at-Arms

Automatically Logged Off

Post by Gregorius » Sun Aug 25, 2019 2:36 am

Just a quick question for the administrators of the forum. I'm a daily visitor to the site and an irregular contributor, however I've noticed that I have been automatically logged off the forum on a number of occasions, despite ticking the box "Remember Me". The latest instance was today. Can this be looked at and please advise me what I can do to avoid this irregular annoyance?

Cheers,
Greg in the antipodes.
admin
Site Admin

Re: Automatically Logged Off

Post by admin » Mon Aug 26, 2019 12:31 am

Hi Greg - Are you saying after a certain amount of idle time the forum logs you out? And you have to login again?

-WGC
Gregorius
Companion-at-Arms

Post by Gregorius » Tue Aug 27, 2019 3:01 am

Hi Admin,

When I login I tick the box "Remember Me" and I remain logged in over quite a few weeks, or even months. However, my next daily visit to the forum sees me logged out without me actually logging out. Then I have to go through the process of logging in again. The latest instance of this was 25/8/19, east coast Australian time.

Hopefully you will have an answer to my 1st world problem.

Cheers,
Greg in the antipodes.
Gregorius
Companion-at-Arms

Post by Gregorius » Wed Sep 25, 2019 11:25 pm

Well it has happened again. This morning at approximately 9.20am, Australian Eastern Standard Time, I had to login. Nothing changed from yesterday when I was online. I still don't understand why I was automatically logged off in the last 24 hours. An explanation of what is happening and what I'm doing that causes this situation would be appreciated.

Cheers,
Greg in the antipodes.
Rod
Grand Master WGC

Post by Rod » Thu Sep 26, 2019 5:39 pm

I have the same problem from time to time I find I am logged out and have to re-log back in.

Don't know why if it is associated with a limited time from the site or something else. Same thing happens on my iPhone.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin » Tue Oct 15, 2019 8:18 pm

Not sure we will be able to provide an explanation. Is it that horrible or just a minor annoyance?
Gregorius
Companion-at-Arms

Post by Gregorius » Tue Oct 15, 2019 10:30 pm

It isn't a horrible, just an inconvenience. Another first world problem to overcome 😱!

Cheers,
Greg in the antipodes.
Bill Hupp
Sergeant

Post by Bill Hupp » Wed Oct 23, 2019 11:52 am

My guess would be a setting on one of your other devises or in your general settings.

It could be a default setting reset when your software was updated.
Bill Hupp
Thistle & Rose Miniatures