Alignment question

Discuss anything about Washington Grand Company Products (TRIUMPH!, MESHWESH, TERRAIN CARDS, ETC.)
jbbpioneer
Levy

Alignment question

Post by jbbpioneer » Fri Mar 23, 2018 2:34 am

In a recent game, an attacker moved on the flank of a defender. In doing so he came into side-edge-to-side- edge contact with another defender. This second defender had a front edge to front edge contact with the first defender and happened to be aligned in the same direction as the attacker.

The attacker argued that the side edge contact did not confer a -1 to his attack value as the second defender was facing in the same direction as he was.

We ruled that it did get a -1 modifier as the side edges were touching irrespective of the facing of the second defending unit.

Of course, the flanked defender had a -1 modifier in his combat value too.

Which is the better interpretation?
David Kuijt
Grand Master WGC

Re: Alignment question

Post by David Kuijt » Fri Mar 23, 2018 11:02 am

Facing the same way does not give immunity to side-edge overlaps. Your ruling was correct.
DK
jbbpioneer
Levy

Post by jbbpioneer » Fri Mar 23, 2018 6:42 pm

Thanks for the clarification.

BTW, I really enjoyed my Crusader/Arab 28mm game Friday at Cold Wars. I don't have enough players down here to do a mult-army game. Seeing all the figures and working together adds to the game for me.

Thanks, Jeff
Rod
Grand Master WGC

Post by Rod » Fri Mar 23, 2018 7:38 pm

Jeff we are doing Hastings for Historicon! So hope to see you again for that event.