Hard copy publication

Discuss anything about Washington Grand Company Products (TRIUMPH!, MESHWESH, TERRAIN CARDS, ETC.)
David Kuijt
Grand Master WGC

Re: Hard copy publication

Post by David Kuijt » Fri Sep 06, 2019 2:57 pm

markleslie4 wrote:
Fri Sep 06, 2019 9:55 am
I assume by 'REALLY good' your taking a relaxed attitude towards word count, a liberal view towards punctuation and a "what the hell let's just add a dozen more lines of text for the sake of clarity", approach?

Could there even be pictures/ internal art work?
I think you may have long-term emotional and intellectual damage caused by the writing style of certain legacy rulebooks. We decided that we weren't going to be carving this in cuneiform into ebony tablets with our teeth, so clarity was more important to us than extreme brevity. When you say "a liberal view towards punctuation" we further decided that sentences with 6 commas and 69 words like the below were an atrocity against man, nature, and the English language.
legacy rules chosen to illustrate offensive writing style wrote:"A recoiling element starting with enemy in any front edge contact with its flank or rear, or that recoils from shooting entirely on its rear edge unless from a BUA, or that meets enemy, impassable terrain, friends it cannot pass through or push back or any BUA or camp, or that is in a BUA or Camp, is destroyed."
Yes, there are lots of pictures, diagrams, and stuff like that. I would say "of course", but expectations of some who are scarred by horrors of the past might be shocked to see all the nice pictures and stuff. You will weep with relief and joy, how about if I leave it at that? :)
DK