Meshwesh printable version

Discuss anything about Washington Grand Company Products (TRIUMPH!, MESHWESH, TERRAIN CARDS, ETC.)
Juanbususto
Levy

Meshwesh printable version

Post by Juanbususto » Mon Jun 24, 2019 3:04 pm

Hi!

I am wondering if it's possible to make a printable version for Meshwesh. I'm a old fashioned paper lover and I'd like to print all the lists... :roll:
David Kuijt
Grand Master WGC

Re: Meshwesh printable version

Post by David Kuijt » Mon Jun 24, 2019 5:56 pm

Juanbususto wrote:
Mon Jun 24, 2019 3:04 pm
Hi!

I am wondering if it's possible to make a printable version for Meshwesh. I'm a old fashioned paper lover and I'd like to print all the lists... :roll:
Depends upon what you mean -- it is within the realm of possibility, but we do not currently intend to create such a product. On our short list (after finishing the print rulebook) is creating a nice "print army list" button which you could use to print them out yourself. But note that there are more than 650 army lists, and many of them would print on more than one page (depending upon font size etc.). So that would be 1300 pages, plus more for the metadata and enemies links.

There are reasons why we decided not to bind ourselves to print army lists. Just to give one of them -- I just got back from a visit to the UK where I got to see a bunch of artifacts at the London Museum and the British Museum, including a large variety of military equipment used on the British Isles before 55 BC, which is the current start-year for the Ancient British army list. That start time is based upon the earliest literary description of the Ancient British (Julius Caesar's raid, barely touching down before leaving). Before 55 BC there is no army list that covers that region.

I also found a book "Britain BC" describing current knowledge of the culture, economy, etc. of the British Isles before the Romans, based upon recent archaeology.

Based upon the 40+ pictures of artifacts from the two museums above and the book mentioned, I have every hope of increasing the coverage of the army lists to include Britain before 55 BC. Whether this will result in an earlier extension of the Ancient Brit list or what is unclear (although there is lots of evidence for Chariots, at least), but regardless of the details it is likely that the army lists will change by either creating a new list or expanding an existing list (changing the start date for Ancient British, or extending the end date for Hallstatt Celtic, or something of that nature).

Print army lists don't have that luxury. They are fixed in concrete at the moment of publication. I could tell you horror stories about the restrictions print army lists have created in other game systems.
DK
ColCampbell
Levy

Post by ColCampbell » Thu Apr 01, 2021 1:00 am

David,

Coming a little late to this discussion, but having a "print button" for each individual army would greatly benefit those of us who are raising armies for a specific time period. I hope that is still on your "to do" list with a high chance of getting it accomplished.

Thanks,

Jim
Bill Hupp
Sergeant

Post by Bill Hupp » Fri Apr 09, 2021 4:45 am

Jim,

You can pretty easily print an army list just by using the print function on your computer. It is a very usable format.

I often print the army list, make some notes and put it in tbe box with the army itself. Same thing for when I do historical scenario. Typical paperwork for further references might be printed versions of the Wikipedia entry, the army lists and the best map I can find on line (or a picture of one from a book.)

Bill
Bill Hupp
Thistle & Rose Miniatures