Syracusan vs Early Carthaginians (15mmm big bases)

Description of battles, photos, videos, victory!
greedo
Squire

Re: Syracusan vs Early Carthaginians (15mmm big bases)

Post by greedo » Tue Feb 09, 2021 2:39 pm

Ah, I was lumping warband, raiders, warriors etc into a “medium category”.
The harder part I’m thinking is how to tell the difference between something like warband, and warriors, or raiders and heavy foot where the troops look similar but they are either close order or open order..
David Kuijt
Grand Master WGC

Post by David Kuijt » Tue Feb 09, 2021 10:24 pm

greedo wrote:
Tue Feb 09, 2021 2:39 pm
Ah, I was lumping warband, raiders, warriors etc into a “medium category”.
The harder part I’m thinking is how to tell the difference between something like warband, and warriors, or raiders and heavy foot where the troops look similar but they are either close order or open order..
Warband: open order bases. Make them clumped towards the front of the base with some stragglers spread across the rest. Some gaps in the front line (they are open order). No formation -- random dudes.
Warrior: close order bases. Same sort of formation as above, but no gaps in the front and a bit denser. Still no formation.
Raiders: choose a spread formation evenly distributed across the stand. More figs than Light Foot.
Light Foot: similar to above, but fewer figures
Heavy Foot: make two lines of figures. Solid formation.

That's what I'd do.
DK
Tirpitz
Levy

Post by Tirpitz » Sun Jun 27, 2021 10:41 am

15mm basing Triumph.jpg
15mm basing Triumph.jpg (89.51 KiB) Viewed 1905 times
Hi Guys

Don't know if you were still interested in our big basing and what figs go on what base size, attached is what Roundie came up with. the only one to maybe look at is Elite foot and how many as the number can be determined by the make and its size. So for instance you would get 16 x Forged in Battle foot on a base but would struggle with Xytson (I stuck to 14 for my Greeks).
There is nothing like 14 to 17 big bases across your gaming table, looks like a battle :D