Historicon Event 2021- Byzantine Triumph

Please post info about upcoming TRIUMPH! events and tournaments
michaelguth
Squire

Historicon Event 2021- Byzantine Triumph

Post by michaelguth » Tue Aug 31, 2021 10:54 pm

For better or worse I have posted an event in the PEL for Historicon. The event will be a duplicate Triumph tournament based on 5 battles from the Byzantine reconquest of Italy. I have painted all the armies. I might need an extra board or two.

The battles begin with a prelude, Belisarius versus the Persians at Callinicus.

Then we have three battles from the invasion of Africa, the war against the Vandals; Ad Decium, the enigmatic Tricamerum, and Scalae Veteres (what happens if you don't PAY your troops).

We conclude with the Battle of Rome-featuring a veritable horde of the things as the Roman citizenry sallies from the city, and Taginae-Hastings in reverse.

If 14 players register then i can add Faventia and Cailnum

The event is scheduled for Friday afternoon and evening. Trophies will be provided, and maybe some prizes.....if Historicon is not derailed by COVID>
David Schlanger
Grand Master WGC

Re: Historicon Event 2021- Byzantine Triumph

Post by David Schlanger » Tue Aug 31, 2021 11:23 pm

Sounds very interesting Mike. Sadly even if Historicon in November survives Covid, I won't be able to attend Friday afternoon/evening.

DS
michaelguth
Squire

Post by michaelguth » Wed Sep 01, 2021 2:04 am

I scheduled for Friday so that I would not interfere with any plans you and DK might have for Saturday, perhaps a big battle game.

I do actually have 20 armies (Sub Roman British, Dark Ages Welsh, Pict, Irish and Saxon) painted and a 3 foot by 5 foot map of England if you would like to do a campaign based on Arthurian England. But I would need help with transferring the armies to the gaming area from my car!

I understand that a campaign may be too intense to be attractive to new Triumph gamers, especially if we can't get 16-20 players due to Covid and scheduling problems. So, I didn't submit it.

Hope you and the family are all well.

Mike
David Kuijt
Grand Master WGC

Post by David Kuijt » Wed Sep 01, 2021 12:05 pm

michaelguth wrote:
Tue Aug 31, 2021 10:54 pm
For better or worse I have posted an event in the PEL for Historicon. The event will be a duplicate Triumph tournament based on 5 battles from the Byzantine reconquest of Italy. I have painted all the armies. I might need an extra board or two.

The battles begin with a prelude, Belisarius versus the Persians at Callinicus.

Then we have three battles from the invasion of Africa, the war against the Vandals; Ad Decium, the enigmatic Tricamerum, and Scalae Veteres (what happens if you don't PAY your troops).

We conclude with the Battle of Rome-featuring a veritable horde of the things as the Roman citizenry sallies from the city, and Taginae-Hastings in reverse.

If 14 players register then i can add Faventia and Cailnum

The event is scheduled for Friday afternoon and evening. Trophies will be provided, and maybe some prizes.....if Historicon is not derailed by COVID>
Sounds cool, Mike.

Contact me in private -- maybe we can get together some weekend or Friday (my Friday schedule is fairly open this semester) to build scenario boards for this out of MDF and caulk and stuff, like I have done for my own scenario events. If we can't get that done, I'm sure we can loan you a canvas board or two. I assume this is 15mm? (40mm base width)
DK
David Kuijt
Grand Master WGC

Post by David Kuijt » Wed Sep 01, 2021 12:10 pm

michaelguth wrote:
Wed Sep 01, 2021 2:04 am
I scheduled for Friday so that I would not interfere with any plans you and DK might have for Saturday, perhaps a big battle game.
We're going low key for Saturday this year -- just an open tournament to de-rev from the four days of high-energy teaching Triumph and Triumph events. Rod just entered the H'con schedule into the PEL at the last minute on Monday -- DS was swamped with first week of school parent stuff, and I was totally overwhelmed with first week of teaching live classes college stuff.
DK
michaelguth
Squire

Post by michaelguth » Fri Sep 17, 2021 7:49 pm

Looked like my event would conflict with other Triumph sport, so I pulled it from the PEL. Maybe next year....

Guth