TRIUMPH! Events at Historicon 2019!

Please post info about upcoming TRIUMPH! events and tournaments
Kontos
Companion-at-Arms

Re: TRIUMPH! Events at Historicon 2019!

Post by Kontos » Sat Apr 06, 2019 1:22 pm

For your scenario events I can loan out Gilgamesh Sumerians. I also have Gasgans which is the same list used for Zagros I believe. Let me know and I will bring.
Loanwarrior
Levy

Post by Loanwarrior » Sat Apr 06, 2019 11:19 pm

There will be three of us attending - for GT one of us needs to find a teamate
Scott Kastler
Levy

Post by Scott Kastler » Sun Apr 07, 2019 3:35 pm

Im interested, if anyone needs a parter. Scott K.
David Schlanger
Grand Master WGC

Post by David Schlanger » Wed Apr 10, 2019 2:31 pm

Here are the Triumph! Tournaments at Historicon:

TRIUMPH!

The TRIUMPH! tournaments listed here are presented as part of the North American Society of Ancient and Medieval Wargamers (NASAMW) program of events.
Sign-Up Sheets for all events will be in the TRIUMPH! area of the Tournament room. Please check in about 10 minutes before start of play.
ALL of our events are new player friendly. If you show up, there are plenty of people willing to help you learn how to play and help out with loaning an army for an event. Just ask!

TRIUMPH! ancients and medieval wargaming rules are produced by Washington Grand Company. For more information, please visit us at: http://www.wgcwar.com
The TRIUMPH! rules are available at http://www.wargamevault.com
The TRIUMPH! army list database Meshwesh is available at http://meshwesh.wgcwar.com/home

TRIUMPH! events will be the final pdf rules version, Grand TRIUMPH! will be rules version 0.2 or the latest available on the Washington Grand Company website.
TRIUMPH! Coordinator: Dave Schlanger
Please contact Washington Grand Company with any questions: washingtongrandcompany@gmail.com

Wednesday

TRIUMPH! - Fall of Rome Theme Tournament
8pm - 11pm
Barbarians, political breakdown, economic collapse, mass migration, pillaging and plunder! Join us for this themed event celebrating the Fall of Rome.
Rules: TRIUMPH!
15mm, 3 rounds, Unlimited players
Eligible armies must be comprised of 48 or fewer points of stands from a Triumph! army listed in the Fall of Rome thematic category on Meshwesh. http://meshwesh.wgcwar.com
Some loaners available.
GM: Spencer Ginder

Thursday

TRIUMPH! – Open Tournament
7 pm - 11 pm
15mm, 4 rounds, Unlimited players, New players welcome and loaner armies available!
Eligible armies must be comprised of 48 or fewer points of stands from any Triumph! army listed on Meshwesh. http://meshwesh.wgcwar.com
GM: Rod Cain

Saturday

Grand TRIUMPH! - Doubles Challenge
9am– 6pm
Rules: Grand Triumph!
15mm, 3 rounds, unlimited teams of two players
There are few glories as glorious as doubles games, where you and a partner compete against another pair of players. Victory is that much sweeter with someone to share it with, and defeat with a partner can lead to blame casting, bitter recriminations, shattered friendships and divorce. What's not to like?!?

So come and participate in the Grand Triumph Doubles Challenge! Grand Triumph is a modification of the successful Triumph! fast-play game for ancients and medieval warfare, where two players on a side run a triple-size Triumph army (144 pts). Teams are responsible for bringing their own armies and terrain.

See the Triumph! online army lists at Meshwesh http://meshwesh.wgcwar.com/home for individual army lists. Use triple the army minimums and maximums if no ally is taken; if a single ally is taken use double the army list minimums and maximums for the main army and a full normal-sized army list for the ally. Teams are encouraged to sign up in advance on the TRIUMPH! forum. There is a long tradition in doubles tournaments of advance trash-talk, and we would like that tradition to continue into the glorious future.

We have set aside much of Saturday with plans for a lunch break. We hope this will be a day of fun for experienced Triumph players or a great opportunity to introduce a newer player to the game alongside experienced ones. All you need is to have your own legal army and preferably a partner.

More details for Grand Triumph are on the Washington Grand Company website including the specific rules for 144 point games.
GM: David Schlanger

TRIUMPH! - Bronze Age Chariot MegaTheme Tournament
7pm - 11pm
Chariots! - Lords of the battlefield. Join us for this themed event celebrating the rise of the Chariot.
15mm, 3 rounds, Unlimited players
Eligible armies must be comprised of 48 or fewer points of stands from a Triumph! army listed in the Cradle of Civilization, Assyrian Empire, Chariot Supremacy, or Sea Peoples Invasions thematic categories on Meshwesh. http://meshwesh.wgcwar.com
Some loaners available.
GM: David Schlanger
David Schlanger
Grand Master WGC

Post by David Schlanger » Wed Apr 10, 2019 2:37 pm

Here are the other (PEL) Triumph! events at Historicon - Please register thru the PEL:

Epic Conflicts of the Ancient World: An Introduction to TRIUMPH! Fast Play Rules for Ancient and Medieval Battles Ancients

Thursday 10AM – 1PM
Friday 9AM - Noon

Scale: 15mm, Rules: Triumph! Players: 16
Take on the role of Caesar, the Great Khan, or Pharaoh of Egypt. Lead your forces against your enemies and battle your way across four different matchups the Biblical, Classical, Dark Age, or Medieval era. This is a walk-up game opportunity FOR WHICH YOU DO NOT NEED TO BE REGISTERED (just walkup if you see an opening). It introduces players to the fast-play TRIUMPH! rules for ancient and medieval wargames. Play a one hour game or play a dozen.

TRIUMPH! tutors are on hand to help introduce you to the game, teach and answer questions. Rules are easy to learn. All materials provided.
GM: Brian Peruski
GM: Scott Kastler

The Battle of the Five Armies

Thursday 1-5PM
Thursday 7-11PM

Length: 4 hrs; Scale: 28mm; Rules: TRIUMPH! fast play ancient and medieval battles; Sponsor: Washington Grand Company (www.wgcwar.com); No. of Players: 6.

Smaug the Golden is dead. Armies of Elves, Men, and Dwarves stand ready to fight over control of the Lonely Mountain and the dragon’s vast hoard when they are warned that a vast host of Goblins and Wargs is nearly upon them.
Fight as the Free Peoples, desperate to stop the numberless Goblin host from gaining control of the wealth of Erebor; or as the Goblins and Wargs, trying to conquer the greatest treasure amassed in a thousand years. The fate of Middle Earth is in your hands.
Triumph! will be taught and help given to all players. Please attend one of our morning Epic Conflicts walk-up sessions to learn the basics.
GM: David Kuijt

Burning Sun; Bloody Sand – Chariot Era Scenario Battles

Friday 1-5PM
Friday 7-11PM

Length: 4 hrs; Scale: 15mm; Rules: TRIUMPH! fast play ancient and medieval battles; Sponsor: Washington Grand Company (www.wgcwar.com); No. of Players: 18.

Description: Fight historical battles from a time where Chariots ruled the battlefield. You can pick a side in the battles of: Dawn of the Chariots, Third Cataract of the Nile, Fall of Knossos, Qadesh, Fields of Per-Yer, Battle of the Delta, Jawbone of an Ass, Southern Crusade, Battle of Jerusalem, Fall of Nineveh - you pick! Command an army using the Triumph! fast play ancient rules in these specially designed historical scenarios.

Please attend one of our morning walk-up Epic Conflicts sessions to learn the basics. Armies and terrain will be provided.
GM: David Kuijt and David Schlanger

Triumph! of Thrones

Saturday 12-4PM
Length: 4 hrs; Scale: 15mm; Rules: Grand TRIUMPH! fast play ancient and medieval battles; Sponsor: Washington Grand Company (www.wgcwar.com); No. of Players: 8.

Description: Who cares about the White Walkers? Join us for an epic confrontation between the great houses of Westeros. Lannisters and Baratheons fight for the Iron Throne against Starks and Targaryens. Special Battle cards will be added for the unique qualities of the Great Houses.
Rules experience is not necessary, beginners welcome and Triumph! will be taught. Players should be age 14 and up unless accompanied by an adult.
GM: Terence McPartland
Pavane
Squire

Post by Pavane » Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:02 pm

I have my hotel room booked. This looks great.

I have two GT armies based so I would be interested in playing if I had a partner, with my army or theirs.
Last edited by Pavane on Tue Apr 16, 2019 2:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Loanwarrior
Levy

Post by Loanwarrior » Tue Apr 16, 2019 12:25 pm

Pavane wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:02 pm

I only have one GT army based so I would be interested in playing if I had a partner, with this army or theirs.

Hi,

My roomate might be looking for a partner. What army do you have?
Pavane
Squire

Post by Pavane » Tue Apr 16, 2019 2:41 pm

Loanwarrior wrote:
Tue Apr 16, 2019 12:25 pm
Pavane wrote:
Mon Apr 15, 2019 9:02 pm

I only have one GT army based so I would be interested in playing if I had a partner, with this army or theirs.

Hi,

My roomate might be looking for a partner. What army do you have?
I sent you a PM.
Kontos
Companion-at-Arms

Post by Kontos » Sat Apr 20, 2019 11:55 am

I am so looking forward to this convention and will make every attempt to dismiss the myth of my invincibility. :D
Rod
Grand Master WGC

Post by Rod » Sat Apr 20, 2019 12:54 pm

This will be a great time, for those of you that have not tried Chariot warfare in Triumph you are in for a pleasant surprise.