SIGNUP for Punic Wars! Campaign Theme -- Fall In 2018

Please post info about upcoming TRIUMPH! events and tournaments
Pavane
Squire

Re: SIGNUP for Punic Wars! Campaign Theme -- Fall In 2018

Post by Pavane » Thu Oct 25, 2018 2:12 am

I feel so lonely as the sole Roman player. I just finished rebasing my Gauls but we have lots of players there.
David Kuijt
Grand Master WGC

Post by David Kuijt » Thu Oct 25, 2018 1:48 pm

I'm afraid I've got some disappointing news. A few weeks back a close friend of mine died in an accident; I had known him for more than 30 years. I just heard earlier this week that the memorial service will be on Saturday of Fall In, down in Virginia. As a result I will be unable to attend Saturday at Fall In, and unable to run my Saturday events.

Brian Peruski and Larry Weichel out of Michigan have stepped up to run a Theme tournament focused on the Punic Wars as a replacement for the Campaign Theme -- the armies everyone is bringing are exactly what you need for the Theme tournament. The major difference is there will be no campaign map, and the who-fights-whom will be standard, not using the campaign system. We really appreciate Brian and Larry stepping up this way. They are also going to help Terence run the Epic Conflicts pickup/teaching battles Saturday morning; Scott Kastler has also volunteered to help.

My sincere apologies for those of you who were looking forward to the Campaign Theme. Running it is always one of the highlights of the convention for me, because the people who play in it are so enthusiastic and enjoy it so much. Roll a "1" for me, as you would hopefully do if we were playing each other.

I will be at the convention on Friday running events; it's only Saturday that I will be unable to attend.
DK
michaelguth
Squire

Post by michaelguth » Fri Oct 26, 2018 2:28 pm

My condolences on the loss of your friend.

Mike
Bill Hupp
Sergeant

Post by Bill Hupp » Fri Nov 02, 2018 3:02 am

David,

So sorry for the loss of your friend.

Bill
Bill Hupp
Thistle & Rose Miniatures
Pavane
Squire

Post by Pavane » Sun Nov 04, 2018 11:59 pm

The time slot was for 4 pm to 11pm, but that length of time is not required for a tournament. Will the start and/or end times be adjusted?
David Kuijt
Grand Master WGC

Post by David Kuijt » Mon Nov 05, 2018 2:35 pm

Pavane wrote:The time slot was for 4 pm to 11pm, but that length of time is not required for a tournament. Will the start and/or end times be adjusted?
Very likely it will start later, 6pm or 7pm, but that will be up to Brian and Larry.
DK