Triumph game day in Maryland, 28 June 2018

Please post info about upcoming TRIUMPH! events and tournaments
wybesse
Levy

Re: Triumph game day in Maryland, 28 June 2018

Post by wybesse » Tue Jul 24, 2018 2:43 am

Sadly, none of my Punic armies are anywhere near Triumph-ready.
michaelguth
Squire

Post by michaelguth » Wed Jul 25, 2018 12:00 pm

the idea was to have me bring them all. What do we need? Six armies?
Scott Kastler
Levy

Post by Scott Kastler » Thu Jul 26, 2018 3:31 pm

[quote="wybesse"]Excellent! This is great!

One thing I'd ask is that someone bring extra measuring tools and an extra board, just in case (the host thinks he can find room for up to four boards, and I have three).

Hi, I can bring a Triumph Game mat and some measuring tools as well as some Triumph 48pt armies (Knights of St John, Medieval German city-states, Kushan empire)

Scott
wybesse
Levy

Post by wybesse » Fri Jul 27, 2018 1:17 am

michaelguth wrote:the idea was to have me bring them all. What do we need? Six armies?
What we *need* is another mat and some more measuring tools, which Scott has kindly offered to provide. Thanks, Scott!

What people *can* bring are any armies they would like to. I will be bringing some of those I mentioned earlier in the thread.

Given that some of those who will be coming have, as far as I know, never played Triumph before, I'm less concerned with practicing for a future competition than having a nice diversity of army types so that people new to the game can try some different things, maybe an army or two that are historically familiar to them, and get a feel for the mechanics of the game and for the diverse element types and the tradeoffs among them.
David Schlanger
Grand Master WGC

Post by David Schlanger » Fri Jul 27, 2018 12:40 pm

This all sounds great!
Having a variety of army choices for learning the game is excellent.
I will be bringing Mitanni, Egyptians, Nubians and Libyans for anyone who would like to play Biblical stuff. I should also have Classical Greeks and a couple others... forget what I put in the box the other day.

DS
David Kuijt
Grand Master WGC

Post by David Kuijt » Sat Jul 28, 2018 1:09 pm

wybesse wrote: What we *need* is another mat and some more measuring tools, which Scott has kindly offered to provide. Thanks, Scott!

What people *can* bring are any armies they would like to. I will be bringing some of those I mentioned earlier in the thread.

Given that some of those who will be coming have, as far as I know, never played Triumph before, I'm less concerned with practicing for a future competition than having a nice diversity of army types so that people new to the game can try some different things, maybe an army or two that are historically familiar to them, and get a feel for the mechanics of the game and for the diverse element types and the tradeoffs among them.
I'll be there from 10-12am; I may only bring one or two armies since I may not even have time to play (I've got a previous commitment at 1pm) but I'll be happy to teach the game and bring you the benefit of my moustache and aura of wisdom (tm).
DK
wybesse
Levy

Post by wybesse » Sat Jul 28, 2018 9:09 pm

Thanks to Jeff K for hosting and to David K, David S, and Scott K for coming out with armies to play and talk Triumph. We had

Libyans vs. Egyptians
Urnfield vs. Hallstatt
Later Imperial Rome/East vs. Visigoths
Spartans vs. another hoplite army
Kushans vs. Parthians

Most enjoyable! DS has posted some photos to the FB group; I put a few on our local Meet-UP site.

I hope we manage to do this again soon!