Triumph game day in Maryland, 28 June 2018

Please post info about upcoming TRIUMPH! events and tournaments
wybesse
Levy

Triumph game day in Maryland, 28 June 2018

Post by wybesse » Fri Jul 06, 2018 5:20 pm

I'm hosting a Triumph meet-up at the end of July, in University Park, MD. I've space for at least three regular games, and I'd be happy to include a Grand Triumph if there are enough players.

Here's the sign-up page.
David Schlanger
Grand Master WGC

Re: Triumph game day in Maryland, 28 June 2018

Post by David Schlanger » Mon Jul 09, 2018 3:41 pm

wybesse wrote:I'm hosting a Triumph meet-up at the end of July, in University Park, MD. I've space for at least three regular games, and I'd be happy to include a Grand Triumph if there are enough players.

Here's the sign-up page.

I would love to attend. That day was possibly going to be a Washington Grand Company business meeting... so will have to see if we can switch things around.

DS
wybesse
Levy

Post by wybesse » Wed Jul 18, 2018 6:03 pm

David Schlanger wrote:I would love to attend. That day was possibly going to be a Washington Grand Company business meeting... so will have to see if we can switch things around.

DS
It would be great to see you, David, and to have a WGC-bod for reference (I've played Triumph less than a dozen times myself, and not all the final set of rules). I hope you are able to join us. If not, maybe we can get a game or two on the next PCC game night. :)

I should have a number of army pair for folks to choose from, but there are more cases than I had hoped there would be where DBA2.2+ armies don't fit the latest Meshwesh lists. :( I foresee a lot of rebasing and painting new elements ahead of me!
Scott Kastler
Levy

Post by Scott Kastler » Thu Jul 19, 2018 3:25 pm

I will try to attend, but I need to check with the spouse about scheduling.

Scott Kastler
michaelguth
Squire

Post by michaelguth » Fri Jul 20, 2018 7:13 pm

I am off July 28 and 29. Sign me up if that is the date.

Best wishes,

Mike guth
Scott Kastler
Levy

Post by Scott Kastler » Fri Jul 20, 2018 10:04 pm

Hi, looks like I'm good to go. Count me in.
Scott Kastler
wybesse
Levy

Post by wybesse » Sat Jul 21, 2018 9:21 pm

Excellent! This is great!

With the folks signed up on the Meet Up group (which can be found here, in case folks would like to join), that's six players, and I think there may be one or two more.

One thing I'd ask is that someone bring extra measuring tools and an extra board, just in case (the host thinks he can find room for up to four boards, and I have three).

I've been going through my legacy army boxes, and I think I can come up with a decent number of my old "legacy" armies that can field a full 48 points at the moment (with a little squinting).

Opposing army pairs/clusters I can bring:

Early/Middle/Late 100 Years War English
Early/Medieval French
Early/Ordnance Burgundian (Free Company also, with a little borrowing from the English)
Later Italian Condotta
Later Swiss

Duke William's Norman Invasion or Anglo-Norman
Anglo-Danish
Vikings
Pre-feudal Scots

Late Imperial Roman/Early Patrician Roman
any of the Warrior-based Germans (Franks, Saxons, Vandals, Burgundi, Quadi, Alamanni) or Gepids

Later Achaemenid Persian
Alexandrian Macedonian

Urnfield Culture or Hallstat/La Tene
Early/Late Villanovan Italians or Illyrians

* The armies where I just need to build more figures to bulk up to 48 points or rebase a few elements are one thing. Fortunately there are only a few where I'll have to rebase half or more of the army because 4-figure Auxilia became 3-figure Light Foot, 3-figure Cavalry became 2-figure Jav Cav, or 2-figure Psiloi became 3-figure Bow Levy or Rabble. Those may be a while in coming back.
michaelguth
Squire

Post by michaelguth » Mon Jul 23, 2018 12:48 pm

If David or David can give us a hint about the November campaign, chances are good I could bring 6 armies from the theme for practice.
David Schlanger
Grand Master WGC

Post by David Schlanger » Mon Jul 23, 2018 7:40 pm

michaelguth wrote:If David or David can give us a hint about the November campaign, chances are good I could bring 6 armies from the theme for practice.
It is likely Punic Wars. We need to keep the campaign themes fairly mainstream and popular until Triumph gets stronger footing with more Triumph players owning a wide range of armies.

DS
michaelguth
Squire

Post by michaelguth » Tue Jul 24, 2018 1:21 am

I remember this theme. I'll check the collection....

Mike