Game at Saga Games: Frederick, MD June 17th, 6pm

Please post info about upcoming TRIUMPH! events and tournaments
spenn
Levy

Game at Saga Games: Frederick, MD June 17th, 6pm

Post by spenn » Wed Jun 15, 2022 11:52 pm

A group of loyal and dedicated players plan to meet and play Triumph! at Saga Games on this Friday at 6pm. We've played several times before. Nice store with plenty of tables. Along with dice, rulers, terrain, etc., I plan to bring my Achaemenid army. The theme this time is chariots. Who doesn’t love CHARIOTS?

Everyone is welcome. We will meet at --

Saga Games' website is sagagamesllc.com and the address is
2190 Old Farm Dr, Unit E, Frederick, Maryland 21702.

It's a little difficult to see from the street. Look for the Dunkin Donuts. And park behind it.

-Steve
spenn
Levy

Re: Game at Saga Games: Frederick, MD June 17th, 6pm

Post by spenn » Sat Jun 18, 2022 9:42 am

Three people played Triumph yesterday at Saga Games in Frederick. Everyone played everyone else once, so we played 3 games. The first game was Parthians versus Early Imperial Romans. The Romans made head way on the Parthian right flank, which was composed of a few light horse. Light horse were being killed 1 at a time. However, when the Parthian cataphracts met the Roman elite foot, the Romans started giving way and the line was soon broken up. It became a close fight with the Romans winning 16 to 15.

The second game was Assyrians fighting against Nubians. The Assyrians had a difficult time fighting all those archers. The archers kept up a good fight forming a large line in the center, but it was another close game. Chariots were overrunning warband and arrows were flying. In the end, the Assyrians fell to the weight of too many arrows in the air.

The third game was Achaemenid Persians versus Classical Indians. This is definitely the most colorful armies of the evening. The Persian pavisier looked strong in the center, but the Indian chariots and elephants looked even stronger. The Persians spread out their jav cav in order to make the flanks fight take as long as possible since they were outnumbered by chariots. The Indians were winning on one flank; the flank that was more open, but the were getting bogged down due to a marsh on the other flank. This gave the Immortals time to press the attack in the center and shower the elephants, heavy foot, and horde in the center. The Indians elephants gave their best, but with the loss of a couple of chariots near the marsh and the horde being eliminated, the Persians won the fight.

We are tentatively planning July 15th to play more Triumph at the same location. This is the weekend before Historicon.
AlexiusBasileus
Grand Master WGC

Post by AlexiusBasileus » Sun Jun 19, 2022 11:24 am

Having fielded the Romans and the Nubians, I would love to claim victory over the Assyrians and have scored a 2-0 record for the night. Unfortunately for me, Keith's Assyrians ran over my Nubian archers mercilessly and it was the Assyrians who had the upper hand. The result of the evening was three players each with a 1-1 record which makes for a pretty good evening.
spenn
Levy

Post by spenn » Sun Jun 19, 2022 6:42 pm

Uh oh, I remembered that game wrong! Woops. I also forgot to take pictures of that game.

By the way, last night I put my two Chinese armies on the table in the basement. Over the next few weeks, I plan to run through some practice games for the next time we get together. I'm gonna be prepared.