Game at Saga Games: Frederick, MD May 20th, 6pm

Please post info about upcoming TRIUMPH! events and tournaments
spenn
Levy

Game at Saga Games: Frederick, MD May 20th, 6pm

Post by spenn » Sun May 15, 2022 8:53 pm

Four of us plan to meet and play Triumph! at Saga Games on Friday, May 20th at 6pm. We've played several times before. Nice store with plenty of tables. Along with dice, rulers, terrain, etc., I plan to bring my Parthian army (or maybe something else, I don't know). I know one person is planning to bring a Norman army.

Everyone is welcome. Think of it as a good time to practice Triumph skills before all the tournaments at Historicon this summer! :D

Saga Games' website is sagagamesllc.com and the address is
2190 Old Farm Dr, Unit E, Frederick, Maryland 21702.

It's a little difficult to see from the street. Look for the Dunkin Donuts. And park behind it.

-Steve
michaelguth
Squire

Re: Game at Saga Games: Frederick, MD May 20th, 6pm

Post by michaelguth » Thu May 19, 2022 2:08 pm

Will there be a single theme? I was thinking of bringing 3 armies from the 3 different Historicon tournament periods..
spenn
Levy

Post by spenn » Thu May 19, 2022 8:23 pm

Hi!

No specific theme. We might do that someday. We're still getting armies painted and settling in on a regular meet up time. Yeah, maybe we should discuss a theme for an upcoming meeting? That's a good idea. We could pick a theme for June's meet up.

For tomorrow's game, I know one gentleman is bringing a Norman army. I'm bringing a Parthian army. Not sure about the others. I will probably bring my Normans as a back up plan. And maybe a third army in case someone shows up without an army.

Looking forward to meeting you.

-Steve
David Kuijt
Grand Master WGC

Post by David Kuijt » Thu May 19, 2022 10:05 pm

I might be able to make it as well.

Without worrying about a theme, what armies would you be most interested in seeing? I've got something shy of 200 armies, counting morphs, all painted by me. I can bring a wide array, from Ming Chinese to Sangam Era Tamil to Javanese to Dacians to Morean Byzantines to 10 varieties of Romans to Feudal German Princes to ... well, my Aztec are being refurbished, so my new world aren't ready for play right now, but I can find representatives from most everything else in time and space.

Some of my armies are very pretty, too. Let me know if there is something you'd like to see, and I'll see if I have it. I'm only going to bring about 4 armies, though -- that's what fits easily in my army transport case.
DK
spenn
Levy

Post by spenn » Thu May 19, 2022 10:36 pm

Anglo-Danish or Viking to fight the Normans?

Mithradatic or Seleucid to fight the Parthians?

Or show off something you have planned for Historicon? That would be interesting. I've been looking at the planned events and I'm going to try to attend the convention on Saturday. If I'm lucky, Friday as well.

I don't have near 200 armies. I have around 10 painted. And 7 or 8 unpainted. Some I've painted and some from other people. Hard for me to pick a favorite, but I do want to get better at running cavalry armies. So, I plan to bring Parthians tomorrow. Eventually, I will bring my Huns and Mongols.
michaelguth
Squire

Post by michaelguth » Fri May 20, 2022 9:54 am

All of DK's armies are beautiful. But I can barely get my Elamites into my army box.

Guth
spenn
Levy

Post by spenn » Sat May 21, 2022 5:04 pm

Five players attended last night's session. We got in 4 games. Some of the armies that showed up were Bulgars, Normans, Parthians, and Byzantines. I think the Bulgars had the best win/loss ratio, but by far my favorite army of the evening was the Parthian. Really fun army.

Everyone that showed up discussed the next game date in June. We have tentatively set the 17th. Just double checking everyone's schedule to make sure everyone can make it, but I'm pretty confident that it will be the 17th.

Everyone is welcome. The game store is great. Plenty of tables. Friendly atmosphere. And lots of great games.