Game at Saga Games: Frederick, MD April 29th, 6pm

Please post info about upcoming TRIUMPH! events and tournaments
spenn
Levy

Game at Saga Games: Frederick, MD April 29th, 6pm

Post by spenn » Fri Apr 15, 2022 9:08 pm

This is a something of a repeat message, but with new date for the next game...

Four of us plan to get together on the 29th of this month to play a game of Grand Triumph. We could easily handle more people! As of today we plan to have Dacians fight against Gauls, but we're still discussing the possibilities. We plan to play one big game with multiple people per side so that we all discuss the rules, tactics, and strategy. You know, the social aspects of playing are just as important as winning. LOL!!! Anyway, we thought to help make sure everyone are equal on understanding the rules and tactics we would play one big game so that everyone can hear the questions and answers as they come up.

We will play at Saga Games starting at 6pm. Everyone is welcome.
sagagamesllc.com
2190 Old Farm Dr, Unit E
FREDERICK, Maryland 21702

Head northwest on the Rosemont exit from Route 15. Turn left onto Old Farm when you see the Dunkin Donuts. The game store is behind Dunkin.
David Schlanger
Grand Master WGC

Re: Game at Saga Games: Frederick, MD April 29th, 6pm

Post by David Schlanger » Mon Apr 25, 2022 10:31 pm

Excited to join you guys this Friday!
DS
spenn
Levy

Post by spenn » Tue Apr 26, 2022 12:16 am

Fantastic! Looking forward to meeting you and playing the game. Friday is going to be so much fun.
spenn
Levy

Post by spenn » Sat Apr 30, 2022 11:27 am

Hi David,

Thanks for bringing the latest version of Grand Triumph! to Saga Games last night.

I had a lot of fun commanding the right wing of the Dacian army. The Dacians seemed to do well on the flanks, where I thought the Gallic Bad Horse would do well, but the Dacian center broke too soon. The hills on the far left helped the Dacian light foot deal with the Gallic mounted units and the slow moving Gallic flank march on the other side of the battle helped Dacians there. However, the weight of the Gallic warriors in the center was just too much.

Well that's the perspective from this Dacian player anyway. I wish I would have gotten better combat die rolls, but I always wish for that after a game. :lol:

Looking forward to the next one.

-Steve