Fall In 2023 Event Listing

Please post info about upcoming TRIUMPH! events and tournaments
David Kuijt
Grand Master WGC

Fall In 2023 Event Listing

Post by David Kuijt » Fri Sep 08, 2023 1:08 pm

At Fall In 2023, the following Triumph! events will be offered by WGC. (There may be other Triumph! events run by other people; that's happened at previous conventions)
  • Thursday Night (7pm): Italy and Balkans 15mm Theme Tournament with a twist. All armies must be from the Italy and Balkans thematic category -- if your chosen army has an ally option, you must take an ally. Bring your own army; some loaners may be available by prior arrangement. 15mm scale. Run by Spencer Ginder.
  • Friday Morning (9-12): Epic Conflicts walk-up battles. Preset terrain and armies running from Biblical to the Crusades. Plus one Fantasy Triumph preset battle. Play one battle or play them all, at your convenience. Players with event tickets will have precedence, but all are welcome. Scales vary (mostly 15mm) but armies and terrain are supplied.
  • Friday Afternoon (1-4): Battle of the Granicus, 334 BC. The Granicus, May 334 BC was the first major battle between Alexander the Great and the Persian Empire, pitting the Achaemenid Persians under Memnon of Rhodes against Alexander of Macedon with his companions and phalanx. 6 players, 28mm. Armies and terrain supplied. Run by Larry Weichel and Brian Peruski.
  • Friday Afternoon (1-4): Battle of Brunanburh 937 AD. Be a part of the birth of English Nationalism! Fight as AEthelstan, King of England, or as the alliance of Olaf Guthrithson King of Dublin, Constantine II King of Scotland, and Owain, King of Strathclyde.This battle forged a political map that remains today, making Brunanburh one of the most significant battles in England's long history. 6 players, 15mm. Armies and terrain supplied. Run by Terence McPartland.
  • Friday Evening (7pm): Plate and Handgonne 15mm Theme Tournament. All armies must be from the Plate and Handgonne thematic category, and after 1400 AD. Bring your own army; some loaners may be available by prior arrangement. 15mm scale. Run by David Kuijt or David Schlanger.
  • Saturday Morning (9-12): Epic Conflicts walk-up battles. Preset terrain and armies running from Biblical to the Crusades. Plus one Fantasy Triumph preset battle. Play one battle or play them all, at your convenience. Players with event tickets will have precedence, but all are welcome. Scales vary (mostly 15mm) but armies and terrain are supplied.
  • Saturday Afternoon (1-4): Battle of the Granicus, 334 BC. The Granicus, May 334 BC was the first major battle between Alexander the Great and the Persian Empire, pitting the Achaemenid Persians under Memnon of Rhodes against Alexander of Macedon with his companions and phalanx. 6 players, 28mm. Armies and terrain supplied. Run by Larry Weichel and Brian Peruski.
  • Saturday Afternoon (1-4): Battle of Sagrajas, 1086 AD. Fight for the preservation of the Taifa kingdoms of Al Andalus or with Alphonso of Castile to destroy them. The Andalusian City-States called in the support of Almoravids from North Africa to resist the invasion of the Christian Kingdoms of Spain. The fight was so bloody the field became known as Az-Zallaqah ("Slippery Ground")! 6 players, 15mm. Armies and terrain supplied. Run by Terence McPartland.
  • Saturday Evening (7pm): 15mm Open Tournament. Any legal army from Meshwesh. Bring your own army; some loaners may be available by prior arrangement. 15mm scale. Run by David Kuijt or David Schlanger.
DK
Dave
Levy

Re: Fall In 2023 Event Listing

Post by Dave » Sun Oct 29, 2023 12:57 pm

My friend has been trying to post but his account approval seems to be in limbo. Could he borrow an army for the Thursday night tournament?
David Kuijt
Grand Master WGC

Post by David Kuijt » Sun Oct 29, 2023 1:53 pm

Dave wrote:
Sun Oct 29, 2023 12:57 pm
My friend has been trying to post but his account approval seems to be in limbo. Could he borrow an army for the Thursday night tournament?
I'm sure he could; contact Spencer Ginder (on this forum or at spencer . ginder @ gmail . com).

I would bring one, but I can't guarantee I'll be there early enough Thursday night to participate and/or bring a loaner for someone who wants to participate.
DK
Spencer
Squire

Post by Spencer » Mon Oct 30, 2023 12:25 pm

Dave wrote:
Sun Oct 29, 2023 12:57 pm
I will have a few loaner armies available.
David Kuijt
Grand Master WGC

Post by David Kuijt » Wed Nov 01, 2023 5:18 pm

Spencer wrote:
Mon Oct 30, 2023 12:25 pm
I will have a few loaner armies available.
Thanks, Spencer
DK