Wars of the Diadochi - TTS Mod League

David Schlanger
Grand Master WGC

Re: Wars of the Diadochi - TTS Mod League

Post by David Schlanger » Thu Mar 25, 2021 3:11 am

Polyperchon and his Aitolian allies have beaten off Mike's invading Thracian Hill tribes.

Polyperchon deployed his pike line in single depth as wide as possible with a small reserve of mounted. The lines slowly closed with my Light Foot somewhat advanced on my right flank in bad terrain. The Thracians attacked there with losses on both sides before Polyperchon himself charged Light Foot just outside the rough and breaking a big hole in the Thracian battle line. With the battle still hanging in the balance, Mike threw in his JavCav General and overlapping Light Foot against Polyperchon's flank, +3 to +3 with a potential on my Knight General. Then Mike rolled a 1 and died. Then he rolled many more 1's and died even more.
Final Score Polyperchon wins 16G-3.

Good game Mike!

DS
JuanPe
Levy

Post by JuanPe » Fri Mar 26, 2021 9:07 pm

Olympias decided to invade Kassandros' domains. She tried the same tactic as with Keraunos... with a similar result. The allies from the Epirus didn't manage to execute the complex maneuvers that she has prepared, and the army was low in his attack on the left flank. Meanwhile, Kassandros' fast flank managed to get in a good position and deal its blow. The general appointed by Kassandros wanted to proved his value immolating himself against the elephants, but the battle was set when the supply chain of Olympias army were cut, forcing her to retreat.

Very nice game with Jeff. I have once again trusted all my luck in a pip-devouring flank, which does not work if you don't roll more than 4! Jeff moved wisely and avoided my artillery (who never got to shoot). Both armies rushed to get their respective right flank on the enemy's face. Eventually, he discovered (a little bit late) that elephants like to kill knight generals, and the game turned in my favor while I started to do my part on the scoring business. A couple of pips allowed him to sent a JavCav to the camp, and after a couple of fights it was over.

Jeff 22C (with camp) - 13G (with general) Juan Pedro
David Kuijt
Grand Master WGC

Post by David Kuijt » Wed Mar 31, 2021 11:22 pm

In a bloody battle with a flank march and tremendous complication, Arkein defeated me 19-12. No generals were harmed in this battle -- in fact, the Generals locked horns in the middle of the game and never disengaged from each other again. This battle went back and forth and back and forth -- at the start of the last turn I was up 12-10, but Arkein's center (which was collapsing badly -- only one pike and one light foot remaining) fought its way out of overlaps and flanks with a pair of 6-1s. I can't complain -- my Ally had its share of good combat rolls earlier to avoid defeat on the other flank.

"Man of the Match" award is given to my Artillery, who killed one pike coming in, blasted the enemy General back sufficiently to scare him into hiding behind a wall of pikemen, drove back a unit of Peltasts once and then killed it the second time (my own 6-1, or 5-1, I think) and then drove back a Skirmisher that was assaulting it. It never lost a close combat (and had three or so), and fired to devastating effect killing at least two stands.

"Lamest of the Lame" award is awarded to my Rabble, who had 2:2 attacks with a flank on the enemy Peltasts twice, but never won a combat. Ever. At all. Not that I'm bitter.

Good game, Arkein! Very enjoyable.
DK
Arkein
Levy

Post by Arkein » Thu Apr 01, 2021 12:35 am

It has been an amazing battle. I think the result is not representative of the battle itself, it should have been more even, either your victory or mine, cause we were all the time in a really tense situation. But your Flank March was amazing.

As you said, the generals were doing what most generals do: command, and nothing else. Although mine killed your Jav Cav because of the unfortunate recoiling.

But in general, most of the army were so extreme, I cannot say who did it best or worst, cause we had so many fights on 4-2 or 3-1 that went bad for the advantage unit, and other 6-1 rolling on even situations.

A nice game anyway, I really enjoyed it and learned much. It was a pleasure. And sorry about the bitter Rabble. But well, it is a rabble after all, you can't expect much from them :P
David Schlanger
Grand Master WGC

Post by David Schlanger » Thu Apr 01, 2021 12:28 pm

That was a fantastic and exciting battle! Good job guys.

DS
David Schlanger
Grand Master WGC

Post by David Schlanger » Fri Apr 02, 2021 6:00 pm

Polyperchon (Me) managed to defeat the disloyal imposter Eumenes (Marc) this morning, 16-3. Eumenes men are scattered and smeared over the desert grass, and his elephants too!

In a race of right wings, my overloaded right wing was able to impose Polyperchon's will on Eumenes main battle line before his overloaded right wing was able to do the same to me. And there was a small issue of a significant elephant collision in the center that almost resulted in a call to the ASPCA. It was a fun game! Thanks Marc. Really looking forward to some of the mod enhancements we discussed during the battle too.

DS
TigOlBistan
Levy

Post by TigOlBistan » Sat Apr 03, 2021 5:58 pm

The rightful heirs the empire, the Egyptians (Tristan), crushed Eumenes(marc) in their city center. 21-10. Success was achieved by out flanking them, crushing their forces with our artillery, and destroying the camp with our advanced skirmishers.
Rod
Grand Master WGC

Post by Rod » Tue Apr 06, 2021 2:35 am

Antigonos (Rod Cain) defeated Kassandros (Jeff Brown) 18G-10.

The battle was very close in an epic battle of light horse and flanks, the main lines never engaging and the last couple rounds of the battle could have ended with either sides victory.

In the second half of the battle, Kassandros committed to a direct assault trying to support a light infantry flanking maneuver this left him open in the following round to a counter attack led by Antigonos with help of the surviving light troops, and in true Diaodachi like fashion Kassandros fell bravely facing Antigonos. After that it still could have gone either way as Kassandros army sought revenge with a couple of good PIP rolls and had a good chance for victory. Only luck saved the day and Antigonos bravely rode down a stand of light foot to secure the final victory.
Bill Hupp
Sergeant

Post by Bill Hupp » Fri Apr 09, 2021 4:30 am

In a first outing for both armies, Antigonid - Demetrios (Bill Hupp) defeated Diadachoii in Macedon - Ptolemy Keraunos (Larry Weichel) 18-6, with no generals killed or camps captured.

Both sides attempted a right wing overlap attack. Demetrios’ attack with his cavalry took out Ptolemy Keraunos’ light foot before Keraunos’ light foot on his right could take out Demetrios’ left flank light troops. Flank attacks were the most successful tactics of the night, with command points pretty thin from mid game on. Keaaunos almost managed to take out Demetrios’ General stand when it was needlessly exposed to support a flank attack. A battle of the light troops, the pikes and an anxious elephant threatened but never got into combat.

Bill
IMG_9918.jpeg
IMG_9918.jpeg (1.87 MiB) Viewed 15623 times
Bill Hupp
Thistle & Rose Miniatures
Elowan1969 (Larry)
Levy

Post by Elowan1969 (Larry) » Sun Apr 11, 2021 4:04 pm

With a hard fought battle between the Diadachoii in Macedon - Ptolemy Kueraunos (Larry) defeating Kassandros (Kevin) 17-10 with Kueranos General being lost due to his ever indulgent impetuance. Both sides tried to flank the other on opposite flanks, Kassandros using his Jav Cav and Keuranos utilizing his light foot. In the end it came down to Kassandros rolling a 6 for command points and being able to finish of the final stand needed.