Wars of the Diadochi - TTS Mod League

Rod
Grand Master WGC

Re: Wars of the Diadochi - TTS Mod League

Post by Rod » Sat Mar 13, 2021 9:31 pm

I won by following the WWCD strategy, Spencer chose not to and paid a heavy price 😛
David Kuijt
Grand Master WGC

Post by David Kuijt » Sat Mar 13, 2021 11:44 pm

I had a very fun game against Kevin (Dekelia); rolling consistent pips and good combat dice is sufficient to make anyone look like a General! Sadly for Kevin, it is my pips and my combat dice that were good, and a huge batch of Peltasts and Thessalian horsemen went sweeping around his left flank, meeting and crushing his own peltasts, Thessalians, and whatever mercenary Greek horsemen he could find. The main lines never hit; all the action was on the one flank. One pair of pikes threw themselves against Polyperchon's Companions but could not drive him back and next turn they were flanked by peltasts and obliterated.

A heroic last charge broke through one company of my peltasts and then was swamped by three more. Hercules wept.

Victory for me: 20-3.

No camps or generals were injured in the making of this movie.

Kevin played well and had a good plan; I had a good plan and better dice. We both rolled well sometimes and poorly other times, but I had a couple of sixes at critical moments and then consistently good pips when things started to go poorly for Kevin's flank.

Rod showed up and was very encouraging (to Kevin) and educational ("Never left click on a group!" in addition to other advice).

DS showed up briefly but was cooking dinner. He never told Kevin and I what was for dinner at the Schlanger household. Like the door in the Paths of the Dead, perhaps it is better not to know.
DK
JuanPe
Levy

Post by JuanPe » Tue Mar 16, 2021 9:16 pm

My first game of the league for me is over!

Rod 6 - 16 Juan Pedro (including the camp that my brave Javelin Cavalry took).

I did a fake flank march with my general while the rest of the line looked with angry faces at the antigonid invaders.
After one hour of maneuvering with several turns of few pips on both sides, Rod almost took over my flanking force.
Fortunately, I rolled just what was needed in the following combats and managed to turn over the game. The camp did the rest.
It was a great game, and Rod was the best opponent ever.

Arkein and Dave commented the game on youtube as well. I guess it will be available soon in Arkein's channel

Look at the proud face of Olympia, the true heiress of the throne!
Rod
Grand Master WGC

Post by Rod » Tue Mar 16, 2021 9:33 pm

Good game Juan, I would argue both of us choked on command PIPs are just the wrong moments.

And your sacrificed light foot worked perfectly to let you get through to the camp, they were the real heroes :D
David Kuijt
Grand Master WGC

Post by David Kuijt » Tue Mar 16, 2021 9:34 pm

Olympia is HAWT!
DK
David Schlanger
Grand Master WGC

Post by David Schlanger » Wed Mar 17, 2021 12:35 pm

League Standings as of 3/17/2021

We are about one week into the league! Hope you all are getting accustomed to playing Triumph! using Tabletop Simulator. If you need any assistance please let me know. It would be great if everyone could get in at least one game soon just to get things rolling, but I know it can be challenging to schedule games.
Hope everyone has fun!

DS
Rod
Grand Master WGC

Post by Rod » Thu Mar 18, 2021 1:12 pm

The Thracian Hill Tribes (Mike "Psybilliah") were defeated last night fighting against Antigonos (Rod Cain)

Antigonos won 22 +Gen+Camp with the loss of 6 points killed by the Thracians.

The Thracians fought valiantly, but the battlefield was chosen by Antigonos to be perfectly suited for his army to deploy without fear of sneaky Thracians coming out of the hills.
Arkein
Levy

Post by Arkein » Thu Mar 18, 2021 6:10 pm

I play against Dekelia (Kevin) today. I am going to broadcast our games but it will be slightly different. We won't be commenting it in the same way, but playing it. And I won't look at Youtube chat because I don't want it to affect our game.

Here you go: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MGBrNhTZTl8
Arkein
Levy

Post by Arkein » Thu Mar 18, 2021 11:22 pm

So, Arkein 19 - 15 Kevin, it was an amazing game.
Dekelia
Levy

Post by Dekelia » Fri Mar 19, 2021 12:42 am

Arkein wrote:
Thu Mar 18, 2021 11:22 pm
So, Arkein 19 - 15 Kevin, it was an amazing game.
Agreed! I had a great time.

Arkein used Alexander's historical strategy and it worked perfect. He'd be so proud :)