Artillery

Share some insight about your best TRIUMPH! strategy.
David Kuijt
Grand Master WGC

Re: Artillery

Post by David Kuijt » Wed Aug 05, 2020 3:09 pm

Where in Germany, Chris? My family spent a year in Germany when I was 12 (on Sabbatical) and we were enrolled in the German school system. We were near Giessen (Krofdorf-Gleiberg). I've visited Germany a half dozen times since.
DK
David Kuijt
Grand Master WGC

Post by David Kuijt » Wed Aug 05, 2020 3:13 pm

Rod wrote:
Wed Aug 05, 2020 12:32 pm
Numidians are actually a tough army, with lots of fast troops and a possibility for a few heavy foot and an elephant :)
Rod is correct -- Numidians can be very dangerous. But they aren't an easy army. Using Javelin Cavalry and Light Foot effectively requires mixing two difficult skills. If you just line them up and fight you're going to get spanked by most historical opponents. With that said, I'd happily take them against any historical opponent -- because if you know what you are doing, it is very difficult for heavy foot "line them up and fight" armies to fight AGAINST mobile fast armies also.
DK
chris6
Squire

Post by chris6 » Thu Aug 06, 2020 7:27 am

David Kuijt wrote:
Wed Aug 05, 2020 3:09 pm
Where in Germany, Chris? My family spent a year in Germany when I was 12 (on Sabbatical) and we were enrolled in the German school system. We were near Giessen (Krofdorf-Gleiberg). I've visited Germany a half dozen times since.
Hey, actually I live pretty close, about 30 minute ride direction to Limburg. Limburg is famous for the Limburger Dom and it their middle age streets and buildings around the Dom. They had a political powerful Bishop here in the feudal ages.

Maybe I will do an army based around him some day.

But my parents home is Friedberg which is also pretty close to Gießen, just 30 minutes ride. There you have the middle age city and the biggest Burganlage from groundspace (Castle) in Germany. The discovered that this castle is build on the walls of a romann castle. And well the famous Limes is al around us here.

When I was younger my friends and me spend a lot of summer weeks in the woods discovering the leftovers from castles and towers.

Well, now we are drifting away a lot from artillery shooting i guess.... :lol: