Project Lunacy

Buy, Sell, Trade here
Forum rules
Any sales or trades are entirely the responsibilities of the participants, and not endorsed or supported by Washington Grand Company in any way. We advise all participants who are selling or buying items as individuals to use an entity with built-in protection for consumer claims, like ebay (http://www.ebay.com), if they have any concerns.
Bill Hupp
Sergeant

Project Lunacy

Post by Bill Hupp » Mon Feb 08, 2021 5:57 pm

Project Lunacy

The Thesis: Rod suggested it might be good for T&R Miniatures to provide Triumph! players with a little incentive to add to their Triumph! army collections in 28mm scale. There are a number of good reasons for Triumph! players to add to their armies in 28mm even if they may already have armies in this historical period in 15mm. (Having the same army in 2 scales being the Lunacy part.) These include:

1. 28mm armies look impressive in a convention setting or when doing a demo of Triumph!
2. If we all have at least one 28mm army then we can have 28mm tournaments
3. 28mm Triumph! armies are not so heavy you can’t bring them to a convention.
4. 28mm ancients are fun and easy to paint
5. Post Alexander Successor period: In picking the period we thought that Pike and Elephant armies would be fun and attract a lot of attention. Fun because the post Alexander Successor period just cry’s out for historical battles, campaigns and tournaments. In addition, who doesn’t want to have armies with 28mm elephants (ancient armor/tanks.)?
6. The units of a Successor army can be used in MANY different armies over a +250 period (Pikes, Cavalry, Elephants, light troops.)

The offer: T&R Miniatures is offering the core figures for a Triumph! Successor army at a 50% discount. This includes:

- 44 T&R/Vendel 28mm Phalangite Pikemen with pikemen in a standing or advancing pose ((Pikes at a 180 degree or 135 degree angle) – our choice) (44 figures including command)
- 1 Elephant, Howdah and crew

At retail this is over $100, but to help launch Project Lunacy this now available for a limited time for $50 plus shipping.

Quantities are limited, so first come first served.

Jeff Jonas has an excellent website, ancientbattles.com, where he talks about this period and shows you many of the different figures out there with guidance on how to build and paint armies. He wrote an article on this very point for WI. Successors armies are very useful as a core army for any 28mm ancient collection and can help new players cross over to other period armies. Jeff likes our figures, so you will see various pictures of them in action there.

Other figures to fill out the armies (lights and cavalry) are also available.

Bill & Brian
T&R Miniatures
Bill Hupp
Thistle & Rose Miniatures
David Schlanger
Grand Master WGC

Re: Project Lunacy

Post by David Schlanger » Tue Feb 09, 2021 2:25 pm

Thanks for sharing that Bill! Sounds like a fantastic deal.
I will go count my pennies.

DS
miros
Levy

Post by miros » Thu Mar 04, 2021 9:46 pm

Is this still available?
Bill Hupp
Sergeant

Post by Bill Hupp » Thu Mar 04, 2021 11:36 pm

Yes, still available. And I have revised the offer up to make it a complete army including lights and cavalry.

Triumph! Successor Army Offer

The offer: T&R Miniatures is offering a Triumph! Successor army for $100 plus shipping --a +40% discount.

The army includes:

- Phalanx: 11 x stands/elements of Pike: 44 T&R/Vendel 28mm pikemen in a standing or advancing pose (Pikes at a 180 degree or 135 degree angle – our choice) (44 figures including command)
- Elephant: 1 x Elephant and crew (Your choice- T&R/Vendel 28mm Indian or Successor with Howdah)
- Cavalry: 1 x Knight (3 Elite T&R/Vendel 28mm Macedonian Cavalry), 2 x Javelin Cavalry (Light Elite T&R/Vendel 28mm Macedonian Cav)
- Light foot: 3 x Light Foot (15 figures - 3/stand. Mix of T&R/Vendel 28mm Eastern and Greek light troops.)
- Skirmishers: 3 x Skirmishers (6 figures – 2/stand. Mix of T&R/Vendel 28mm archers and slingers.)

To encourage getting into ancients gaming with Triumph! in 28mm now available for a limited time plus shipping (a $170 value). That is 67 points of Triumph! stands and more than 60 figures.

Send me an email at wjhupp@gmail.com.

Bill
Bill Hupp
miros
Levy

Post by miros » Tue Mar 23, 2021 6:55 pm

Thanks to Bill Hupp for a great deal and great customer service. I had not seen the T&R/ex-Vendel Macedonians before and they are very nice figures, I can't wait to paint them. I first bought Thistle & Rose miniatures in 1990 and am glad to see them back in production.

Jason
Bill Hupp
Sergeant

Post by Bill Hupp » Fri Apr 09, 2021 5:15 am

Thanks Jason. I'm finishing up some basing to do some gaming with my 28mm armies over the next 6-8 weeks.
Bill Hupp
Brian Caskey
Squire

Post by Brian Caskey » Wed Apr 28, 2021 1:55 pm

Jason

I have a Welsh army that you painted - that I purchased from you - right after Bill n I bought Thistle & Rose from Jamie Fish back in 2013
The Welsh have fought well for me
I have won two DBA 2.2 tournaments with them and lots of games of Triumph games

I should get you to paint some more Thistle & Rose for me

I am in North Carolina until Sept 2022 - as I remember you are down in this neck of the woods somewhere

Brian
Brian Caskey

Sgt Maj Centurion - the Legion Builder

I love Thistle & Rose Figures
miros
Levy

Post by miros » Fri Apr 30, 2021 5:53 pm

Brian,

I remember painting them. I have a large T&R army of Slavs that I have never photographed, I will have to get them out this summer.

I am in Columbia, SC. There are/were a fair number of DBA players in the Charlotte area.

I have the first batch of 8 T&R phalangites on my painting desk now.
Bill Hupp
Sergeant

Post by Bill Hupp » Sun Jul 25, 2021 7:45 pm

I have 1 discounted army still available.
Bill Hupp