LSHM Texas

Post here if you are looking to advertise your gaming club and play some TRIUMPH!
CoachB
Levy

LSHM Texas

Post by CoachB » Tue Aug 03, 2021 5:47 pm

Howdy Y'all,

Getting Triumph! played in San Antonio, Texas as part of the Lone Star Historical Miniatures club. We play at The Printed Meeple, some Wednesdays and Saturdays.

We are building 40mm and 80mm frontage armies. So join us if you are in the Alamo City or just passing through.

Thanks,
Coach Blake
David Schlanger
Grand Master WGC

Re: LSHM Texas

Post by David Schlanger » Thu Aug 05, 2021 4:48 am

CoachB wrote:
Tue Aug 03, 2021 5:47 pm
Howdy Y'all,

Getting Triumph! played in San Antonio, Texas as part of the Lone Star Historical Miniatures club. We play at The Printed Meeple, some Wednesdays and Saturdays.

We are building 40mm and 80mm frontage armies. So join us if you are in the Alamo City or just passing through.

Thanks,
Coach Blake
That sounds great Blake! Hopefully you will get some new folks interested in giving the game a try.

DS
CoachB
Levy

Post by CoachB » Thu Aug 26, 2021 8:34 pm

The Triumph! community is growing in San Antonio. During my summer school wargaming classes, Triumph! was taught to 12 students aged 10-16. One student's Dad was stationed in England years and played DBA on a regular basis even some games with Mr. Barker. However, since he moved back to the US, hasn't played in many years. He came out to one of our Wednesday T! Game days with his son and was so excited to play T!, even painting armies with his son. Also added 8 new players to T! bringing T! players in SA up to 14.
Last edited by CoachB on Thu Sep 02, 2021 8:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rod
Grand Master WGC

Post by Rod » Fri Aug 27, 2021 3:09 pm

Fantastic, love to see kids getting interested in Historical games!
CoachB
Levy

Post by CoachB » Fri Oct 07, 2022 2:34 am

Can't believe I haven't posted since 2021, yikes.
Updates:
This past year we played a big battle War of Roses battle with 3 players per side with 28mm armies on 80mm frontage bases.
Then about a month later we played a massive Viking Raid with the Heathen Army with 5 players per side with 28mm figs on 80mm bases.
Two months later we played another WoR battle with 4 players per side in 28mm.
Then about 2 months later a huge Crusader battle with 3 players per side in 10mm using 40mm frontages.

I taught a 5 day Triumph wargaming class this summer to 10 kids ranging in ages from 10 - 14, They each received a 10mm War of Roses army that they had to learn to clean, prime and paint. Then for two days we played Triumph.

Now, I am running a tournament at MillenniumCon this November.

Okay, so that's the update.
David Kuijt
Grand Master WGC

Post by David Kuijt » Fri Oct 07, 2022 1:11 pm

CoachB wrote:
Fri Oct 07, 2022 2:34 am
Can't believe I haven't posted since 2021, yikes.
Updates:
This past year we played a big battle War of Roses battle with 3 players per side with 28mm armies on 80mm frontage bases.
Then about a month later we played a massive Viking Raid with the Heathen Army with 5 players per side with 28mm figs on 80mm bases.
Two months later we played another WoR battle with 4 players per side in 28mm.
Then about 2 months later a huge Crusader battle with 3 players per side in 10mm using 40mm frontages.

I taught a 5 day Triumph wargaming class this summer to 10 kids ranging in ages from 10 - 14, They each received a 10mm War of Roses army that they had to learn to clean, prime and paint. Then for two days we played Triumph.

Now, I am running a tournament at MillenniumCon this November.

Okay, so that's the update.
Sounds awesome, Blake!
DK
Bill Hupp
Sergeant

Post by Bill Hupp » Mon Oct 17, 2022 6:50 am

Blake,

Thanks for bringing along the younger folks. Sounds like you are using all the strengths of Triumph!

Send me a PM about support for your efforts.
Bill Hupp
Thistle & Rose Miniatures