Metro DC Regular Gaming Night

Post here if you are looking to advertise your gaming club and play some TRIUMPH!
David Kuijt
Grand Master WGC

Metro DC Regular Gaming Night

Post by David Kuijt » Thu Jul 25, 2019 7:22 pm

Hi all,

I'm putting together a regular Triumph gaming night for the Washington DC Metro Area centered in the Maryland suburbs; accessible to MD, DC, NoVa all three. If you want to be on the mailing list, please contact me. First gaming night will be in August; this will be a regular monthly thing.
DK
FanatiChris
Squire

Re: Metro DC Regular Gaming Night

Post by FanatiChris » Fri Aug 09, 2019 1:47 pm

We need a good nickname for a DC Triumph group...ala the now defunct WADBAG group for DBA.

I've been churning my neurons to no avail. Best I could come up with so far is Triumphal Order of DC, which sounds suitably pretentious and grandiose for t-shirt and logo purposes, but doesn't lend itself to a good abbreviation.

Or perhaps a play off a Latinized version of Washington. Vasingtonium or Wasingtonia...as in Triumphal Order of Wasingtonia (or TOW for short).

If you stick with the Roman theme, ...maybe Legio Vastingtonium or Wasintonia.

Last try (for the moment)....The Meshweshians of Washingtonia (MOW) or the Washington Area Meshweshians (WAM).
Bill Hupp
Companion-at-Arms

Post by Bill Hupp » Wed Nov 06, 2019 3:16 pm

I like the names that are a play on hitorical names like The League of Augsburg.

I have noticed that the word Triumph shows up in a lot of hymns, so there is likely a phrase from a song that would serve similarly.

Bill
Bill Hupp
Thistle & Rose Miniatures
Rod
Sergeant

Post by Rod » Wed Nov 06, 2019 3:29 pm