Hello from Germany!

Looking for opponents nearby, post here
chris6
Squire

Hello from Germany!

Post by chris6 » Sat Jul 18, 2020 5:07 pm

May I use this place to introduce myself?

I live in Germany aprox 30 KM North of Frankfurt am Main. I started Wargaming with Games Workshop Fantasy but quickly discovered I prefer Historical Games.
As usual I first tried out DBA, as far as I remember Version 1.1, I had a translation to german language but found it still hard to play.

Over the years I tried a lot of different games systems. All of them haf there pros and cons. Now I hope this will be my fiinal stopp on the rules highway.....

And, well I look for other players....
David Kuijt
Grand Master WGC

Re: Hello from Germany!

Post by David Kuijt » Mon Jul 20, 2020 12:31 pm

chris6 wrote:
Sat Jul 18, 2020 5:07 pm
May I use this place to introduce myself?

I live in Germany aprox 30 KM North of Frankfurt am Main. I started Wargaming with Games Workshop Fantasy but quickly discovered I prefer Historical Games.
As usual I first tried out DBA, as far as I remember Version 1.1, I had a translation to german language but found it still hard to play.

Over the years I tried a lot of different games systems. All of them haf there pros and cons. Now I hope this will be my fiinal stopp on the rules highway.....

And, well I look for other players....
Welcome, Chris6. Has Covid19 closed down all gaming conventions in Germany, the way it has in the US?
DK
chris6
Squire

Post by chris6 » Mon Jul 20, 2020 3:27 pm

Yep! But actually we do not have that much conventions anyway, most are more Fantasy and Scifi related and more skirmishing games than "real Wargaming". :D

This is the worst thing about Triumph!....up to now there aren`t many players over here. At least i got lucky that my best gamerfriend likes the rules too, so that we will have regular games. There are some gamers in Berlin and others in Switzerland. Berlin is a 5,5 hours car ride and switzerland, well do not dare to ask.....

We had a big community of regular tournament gamers for another game called Fields of Glory back then. But I did not liked those rules at all and the peoples somewhat disappeared when the main forum of the community closed thx to some stupid onlinedata laws in germany.
Maerk
Levy

Post by Maerk » Wed Jul 29, 2020 8:48 am

Hi Chris
glad to hear you like Triumph. I am one of the Swiss players you mentioned and we usually have one small tournament a year. The last one was in November in my home town, see http://minimaerk.blogspot.com/2019/12/t ... nt-in.html You would be highly welcome to participate in future events if covid lets them happen - keeping fingers crossed!

Google maps says that Frankfurt/Main is a good 4 hours car drive from my town. You would probably need to spend one or two nights over here. I think we would find an accomodation for you.

cheers and tschüs
Maerk
chris6
Squire

Post by chris6 » Thu Jul 30, 2020 12:57 pm

Hi Maerk!

Thx for the invitation! I would really like to join in your yearly tournament! Well, if Covid....

But on the other hand we allready have plans for our own small tournament over here. And, as you might already guess, your are warmly welcome!

I already met your fellow Vodnik in the past were he visited me and we played ADG that time and DBx /YW. As far as I remember Triumph1 wasn`t born that days.

So, we all really looking forward to get healthy out of this terrible times and see together for rolling the dice!

cheers
Christoph
Brummbär
Companion-at-Arms

Post by Brummbär » Wed Aug 26, 2020 7:02 am

Hi all,

another "Hello" from Germany - name is Thomas and I am the gaming buddy of my good friend Chris6.
Finally made it to the forum so I am looking forward to see future content and more games of "Triumph" here on our tables.

I really like the system - even as I was a bit skeptical in the beginning as (thought it is just another kind of DBA).
But what should I say: I am totally hooked and convert army after army from my other systems to Triumph (used to play Art de la Guerre and To the Strongest).

Regards,
Thomas
chris6
Squire

Post by chris6 » Wed Aug 26, 2020 8:25 am

Hi,
fine you made it!

Now there is someone who can post pictures from our games....
Rod
Grand Master WGC

Post by Rod » Wed Aug 26, 2020 12:21 pm

Welcome Thomas, glad you could join us.
David Schlanger
Grand Master WGC

Post by David Schlanger » Sat Aug 29, 2020 4:07 pm

Hi Thomas,

Glad you are joining us! If you experienced delays getting into the forum, I apologize... it was likely my fault!
Managing the forum and filtering out the spam user requests can mean I miss legit users. Also, sometime I just forget to check :?

But very happy to hear you are enjoying Triumph!

DS
Brummbär
Companion-at-Arms

Post by Brummbär » Sat Aug 29, 2020 5:22 pm

I can imagine that this is a lot of work and that a lot of spam ends in your mailbox.
Really no big issue - and it wasn't that big of a delay! ;)

And yes: I am really enjoying this ruleset - brought back the fun and enthusiasm into my historical wargaming!!!
Really looking forward to the upcoming campaign book...