Fantasy vs Human Playtest

Discussion of the upcoming fantasy version of TRIUMPH!
skc
Squire

Fantasy vs Human Playtest

Post by skc » Sat Dec 11, 2021 2:28 pm

Today using Triumph! Fantasy Beta, Peter and I had a Fantasy/Human playtest, with "Undead" vs Marian Rome.
Initially the Legionaries were on a roll, cutting the Zombie line in various places, and even destroying the 'Minotaur Hero' in the process. (Even 'Deadly & Terror' support, whilst initially effective, couldn't stand up to a Roman 6:1)
However the terrifying "Zombie Wagon" although missing close combat, did keep the Legionary center at bay with 'Marksman' shooting, splitting their line in half. The final nail in Rome's coffin was the loss of all their cavalry to Skeleton Jav Cav, who cornered them between rough terrain and the table edge.
Of the 3 Zombie stands that "died" one managed to "Regenerate" back onto the table. Another had insufficient Command points and a third had been entirely forgotten about!
Those arrogant Romans took a good 23:13 beating! (Finally!:) Next time...The "Dark Elves?"
Thank you again Peter, for being such a loyal 'in house' gaming companion and friend.

Fantasy Feedback
1. Having lots of 'Unruly,' 'Slow'and 'Regenerate,' good Command Point rolls are vital!
2. Query: If a Stand has already say +1 from a 'Deadly Battlecard,' can a Hero say with 'Deadly,' add to that. (So the Stand gets +2 extra in combat?)

Jav Cav Triumphant:
Jav Cav triumphan Low Rest.jpg
Jav Cav triumphan Low Rest.jpg (616.16 KiB) Viewed 2656 times
Zombies Return:
Return of Zombie stand Low res.jpg
Return of Zombie stand Low res.jpg (490.5 KiB) Viewed 2516 times
Who needs a Hero!? :
The Hero collapses Low res.jpg
The Hero collapses Low res.jpg (484.97 KiB) Viewed 2656 times
Attachments
Center struggle begins Low Res.jpg
Center struggle begins Low Res.jpg (402.3 KiB) Viewed 2656 times
Last edited by skc on Thu Dec 16, 2021 3:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
David Kuijt
Grand Master WGC

Re: Fantasy vs Human Playtest

Post by David Kuijt » Sat Dec 11, 2021 4:22 pm

skc wrote:
Sat Dec 11, 2021 2:28 pm
2. Query: If a Stand has already say +1 from a 'Deadly Battlecard,' can a Hero say with 'Deadly,' add to that. (So the Stand gets +2 extra in combat?)
Nope. Deadly doesn't add with Deadly; Deadly doesn't add with Prowess; Deadly doesn't add with the General's Bonuses, and so on.
DK
skc
Squire

Post by skc » Sun Dec 12, 2021 7:28 am

OK Thanks David. The other thing that came to me after my write up was that the Unit the Hero was with was recoiled twice before getting destroyed. Looking at the rules somewhere, that Hero maybe should have disappeared a bit earlier!

David Kuijt wrote:
Sat Dec 11, 2021 4:22 pm
skc wrote:
Sat Dec 11, 2021 2:28 pm
Nope. Deadly doesn't add with Deadly; Deadly doesn't add with Prowess; Deadly doesn't add with the General's Bonuses, and so on.
David Kuijt
Grand Master WGC

Post by David Kuijt » Sun Dec 12, 2021 1:55 pm

skc wrote:
Sun Dec 12, 2021 7:28 am
OK Thanks David. The other thing that came to me after my write up was that the Unit the Hero was with was recoiled twice before getting destroyed. Looking at the rules somewhere, that Hero maybe should have disappeared a bit earlier!
Pushbacks (on the stand to which it is attached) don't kill heroes... why should it have gone away?
DK
skc
Squire

Post by skc » Sun Dec 12, 2021 2:57 pm

My mistake. I must have been thinking of this (for unattached Heroes anyway.)
Heroes without the Evasive battle card are lost (removed from the battle) if an enemy
ground unit passes over their space.
Rod
Grand Master WGC

Post by Rod » Sun Dec 12, 2021 4:56 pm

skc wrote:
Sun Dec 12, 2021 2:57 pm
My mistake. I must have been thinking of this (for unattached Heroes anyway.)
Heroes without the Evasive battle card are lost (removed from the battle) if an enemy
ground unit passes over their space.
Correct or if the unit they are attached to is destroyed, but not just from a fall back.