When can we see them?

Discussion of the upcoming fantasy version of TRIUMPH!
JonathanJ
Squire

When can we see them?

Post by JonathanJ » Wed Oct 20, 2021 7:45 pm

All this talk about fantasy playtesting has me wanting to play. Is there any timeline on when we camp followers of the Washington Grande Company will get to see the rules?

I'd be perfectly happy with "these are playtest rules that are going to change so don't get upset when they do" rules.

Then again, I'm one of those impatient people who bought the unfinished Triumph! rules as soon as you made them available, so if your response is "just be patient", that would be totally fair...
Rod
Grand Master WGC

Re: When can we see them?

Post by Rod » Thu Oct 21, 2021 11:59 am

We are working on that issue, and hope to discuss it at Historicon as a part of a team meeting :) if some other apocalyptical event, work, or life issues do not interfere.

If you are not part of one of the play test groups and want to be, PM myself, DK or David S here or on the FB site.
David Kuijt
Grand Master WGC

Post by David Kuijt » Thu Oct 21, 2021 12:21 pm

JonathanJ wrote:
Wed Oct 20, 2021 7:45 pm
Is there any timeline on when we camp followers of the Washington Grande Company will get to see the rules?
It's a complex issue -- having set a high quality standard with our main rulebook, we are disinclined to release more shlubby products even when we can say "it'll be really good when it's finished."

Someone once said you can have something fast, cheap, or good -- and sometimes you can pick two of those. But never three. Since gamers will never be paying $$$ enough for us to work full-time on this, "cheap" is required. And if the choice remaining to us is faster or better, we have lots of reasons to go with better.

As Rod says, we're going to discuss it at Historicon.

(ps: if someone wins the lottery and wants to change the above equation, all that's required is to give WGC a few 10s of Millions so we can all quit our day jobs and work on this full time. It'll be great! Looking forward to it. :) )
DK
JonathanJ
Squire

Post by JonathanJ » Thu Oct 21, 2021 9:44 pm

Rod: Thanks for the playtest suggestion. Though I do get in some games, I don't play enough to provide much useful feedback. I don't want to waste your time. 🙁

DK: No problem. I did say "just be patient" is a valid answer. 🙂 I'll take good over fast any day!