My Undead so far

Discussion of the upcoming fantasy version of TRIUMPH!
skc
Squire

Re: My Undead so far

Post by skc » Wed Sep 22, 2021 12:02 pm

That Etsy is quite a nice site. (I think my artist daughter put me onto it or I found out from the Warhammer Group.) I may open a "shop" there as I still need to offload more of my 15mm etc. (House downsize)

I may well add more skellies to my Zombies. I have have a few spare.
All the best with your "wall of bones!" I look forward seeing it. (but not in the 'flesh.' ha, ha!)
BTW I believe there is a "road of bones" in Siberia. So many died while making it, they were buried there and their bones added to the mix!
skc
Squire

Post by skc » Wed Sep 22, 2021 12:08 pm

Well if you want cheap:
https://www.amazon.com/Piece-Army-Skele ... 96&sr=8-12

Cheap alright but 2 inches a bit big for my stuff. (But could slot a few 'giants' amongst the 15mm but not 100!) The beauty of Fantasy. Just about anything goes!
Last edited by skc on Wed Sep 22, 2021 3:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
David Kuijt
Grand Master WGC

Post by David Kuijt » Wed Sep 22, 2021 3:03 pm

skc wrote:
Wed Sep 22, 2021 12:08 pm
Well if you want cheap:
https://www.amazon.com/Piece-Army-Skele ... 96&sr=8-12

Cheap alright but 2inches a bit big for my stuff. (But could slot a few 'giants' amongst the 15mm but not 100!) The beauty of Fantasy. Just about anything goes!
Link didn't work. But I think I saw those 2inch skellies earlier. Don't work for me; as you say, a few big skellies is fine, but not a zillion.
DK
David Kuijt
Grand Master WGC

Post by David Kuijt » Wed Sep 22, 2021 3:04 pm

skc wrote:
Wed Sep 22, 2021 12:02 pm
BTW I believe there is a "road of bones" in Siberia. So many died while making it, they were buried there and their bones added to the mix!
Soylent Green is People!
DK
Rod
Grand Master WGC

Post by Rod » Thu Sep 23, 2021 12:02 pm

I did not realize those guys were two inch toy soldier size.

you might check out the plastic ones from Wargame Atlantic, but these and the Warlord ones are supposedly fiddly. Not sure about Oathmark ones.

https://nwswargamingstore.net/shop/ols/ ... alwaacf001

https://nwswargamingstore.net/shop/ols/ ... noroakp501
skc
Squire

Post by skc » Thu Sep 23, 2021 3:12 pm

https://nwswargamingstore.net/shop/ols/ ... alwaacf001
These are 28mm
https://nwswargamingstore.net/shop/ols/ ... noroakp501
Not sure re: these.

Thanks Rod, I'm not desperately looking. (but I think David is;)

One thing with Zombie types is one can add in spare human figures etc (which are always hanging about) and give them a ghoulish look.
I've added in a number of 25mm Goblins (old WH figs (?) which are just slightly larger than the 15mm and play the part in a jumping jabbering horde!
David Kuijt
Grand Master WGC

Post by David Kuijt » Mon Oct 04, 2021 1:30 pm

Got three bunches of Skellies -- the Wargames Atlantic Classical Skellies, a group from Fenryll, and a small bunch (10 figs) from Etsy. Etsy are shipping from the UK and haven't arrived yet. Fenryll are very pretty but a lot of work -- separate heads, separate arms, separate shields, and for one torso separate legs. The separate arms and shields and heads are good for me; the one torso with separate legs is a pain. The Wargames Atlantic are also separate arms and heads. Fenryll are a bit fragile (resin, not plastic) but that isn't a disaster with Skeletons.

The Fenryll have fantasy shields; the W.A. have Classical shields (Pelta, Aspis, etc.). I'm going to throw a few Medieval shields in there too -- my Skellies are going to be non-denominational, time-wise.

I'm still not sure whether I want to make these guys Heavy Foot with Brittle and Armored (no vital organs that arrows can pierce) for 2.5 pts each, or Horde with Fierce and Armored for 2 pts each. Or forget the Armored and they get cheaper (2 pts and 1.5 pts respectively).

Whichever it is, I might buy a few stands of the same with Delayed Entry and Up (the dead swarming out of the ground, summoned by the Necromancer). That would be cool.

I am going to have a bunch of Bow Levy (standard) Skellies regardless (2pts each) either way.
DK
David Kuijt
Grand Master WGC

Post by David Kuijt » Mon Oct 04, 2021 1:38 pm

David Kuijt wrote:
Mon Oct 04, 2021 1:30 pm
I'm still not sure whether I want to make these guys Heavy Foot with Brittle and Armored (no vital organs that arrows can pierce) for 2.5 pts each, or Horde with Fierce and Armored for 2 pts each. Or forget the Armored and they get cheaper (2 pts and 1.5 pts respectively).
And the answer occurs to me -- do both. 4 stands of tougher guys (Heavy Foot with Brittle and Armored) and 12 stands of less armored, few shields guys (Horde with Fierce). 10 pts + 18 pts = 28 pts. Then 6 stands of Bow Levy (12 pts) is 40, and one stand of Pavise General with Major Mindblast (Necromancer with his crew -- Pavise because he has lots of smaller spells to use as local shooting, in addition to his Major Mindblast soul-eating longer range killing spells). 48 pts. Done.

Plus all the other Skellie Behemoths, Skellie Giant, Skellie Wolves, Skellie Artillery, Skellie Dragon -- okay, 96 pts.
DK
skc
Squire

Post by skc » Mon Oct 04, 2021 2:41 pm

Thanks. Will give me some idea how to configure them. Yes we're getting there. (For me as slow as my Horde. Just realised Horde & WW, 'Slow' would take 8 bounds to creep along, just to the middle of the battlefield! Need a rethink.)
David Kuijt
Grand Master WGC

Post by David Kuijt » Mon Oct 04, 2021 3:16 pm

skc wrote:
Mon Oct 04, 2021 2:41 pm
(For me as slow as my Horde. Just realised Horde & WW, 'Slow' would take 8 bounds to creep along, just to the middle of the battlefield! Need a rethink.)
Right, the only way that works is if your enemy is blind with rage and charges to the assault. Every single time.

2mu is slow enough you don't need to add "slow" to it.
DK