fantasy Triumph playtesting

Discussion of the upcoming fantasy version of TRIUMPH!
Rod
Grand Master WGC

fantasy Triumph playtesting

Post by Rod » Mon Jan 04, 2021 2:53 am

Special thanks to Andreas for playtesting via Zoom in Germany!

The Eleven army defeated the Orcs after a very tough battle in the marsh technically they just hacked their way through a bunch of Goblins, the Orcs and the Troll got very little action until the very end. Andreas made very good use of his aerial units pestering the weaker goblin units from the rear after taking out the orc archers which threatened them.
IMG_8712.JPEG
IMG_8712.JPEG (1.03 MiB) Viewed 292 times
IMG_8713.JPEG
IMG_8713.JPEG (1.3 MiB) Viewed 292 times
In the end too many of the "expendable" Goblins were lost and it would be time for the Orcs to withdraw. At least they killed a few Elves (one unit of deadly Pavise killed by the Orc General) before their retreat.
IMG_8714.JPEG
IMG_8714.JPEG (1.34 MiB) Viewed 292 times
Brummbär
Squire

Re: fantasy Triumph playtesting

Post by Brummbär » Mon Jan 04, 2021 4:07 am

Exited to see progress in this area - seems that 2021 could get very interesting when it comes to Triumph!

And: absolutely great to see that there are more players based in Germany.
Maybe after this Covid-thing there will be possibilities to start something here...

@Rod: thanks for sharing and for moving forward with the fantasy version!
@Andreas: where do you live in Germany?

P.S.: how did you play the troll? I am also currently in the process of rebasing my orcs, so would be very interesting ;)
Rod
Grand Master WGC

Post by Rod » Mon Jan 04, 2021 12:54 pm

Brummbar,
If you are interested in a play test session, please let me know I can even try to arrange a match between you and Andreas, or you can try it directly with me or some of the other players. I have ben experimenting with my Zoom setup and I think it works pretty well now so we can play a game. Apparently there are people playing in Germany and Switzerland. So I am hoping to get more of you guys in touch with each other.

I am not sure if Andreas is on the forum, but he is on the Triumph FB page.

The troll was what I would call a relatively normal or low level troll so he was fielded as just an elephant with armor. Armor is an ability that makes the troll harder to shoot by giving the shooter a -1 to their die roll.

Fantasy Battle Cards in play:
Armor +0.5 points -1 to shoot the target
Deadly +1 point +1 in close combat
Fast +0.5 point increased movement
Slow - 0.5 point decreased movement
Fierce -0.5 point, always follows up in combat
Flying +2 points, increases speed, allows units to go Up (off board movement), lets them ignore many of the other troops ZOCs, but makes them more vulnerable to Archers and provides some command control issues.
Terrain Affinity (Woodland Creatures) +0.5 The woods are treated like open terrain for group movement and combat purposes.

Here is the full OOB, we have played this match up three times with two victories for the elves, one for the orc army.

Elves (48 pts)
1x Cataphract General (Deadly, Armored): 5.5 pts
2x Valkyrie - JavCav (Flying): 12 pts
1x Elite Foot (Deadly, Armored): 5.5 pts
1x Pavise (Deadly, Armored): 5.5 pts
2x Light Spear: 6 pts
3x Archers (Fast): 13.5 pts

Orcs: (48 pts)
1x Orc General – Warband (Deadly, Armored): 4.5Pts
1x Trolls - Elephant (Armored): 4.5 pts
2x Warg Riders - JavCav (Fierce, Slow, Woodland Creature Terrain Affinity): 8 pts
2x Orc - Archers: 8 pts
3x Orc - Warband: 9 pts.
4x Goblin - Horde: 8 pts
3x Goblin Hunters – Rabble (Fierce, Fast) : 6 pts
Brummbär
Squire

Post by Brummbär » Mon Jan 04, 2021 3:18 pm

Hi Rob,

super - thanks for sharing!!!
Personally I don't like Facebook, so with me it is the other way round: Forum yes, FB no ;-)

I would really like to get some more games going during these strange times - and would also love to see your Zoom setup as it is now, as had plans to do something like that for some of my friends.
Rod
Grand Master WGC

Post by Rod » Mon Jan 04, 2021 3:52 pm

PM sent on this forum.

I can show you the setup and even let you try the same game, just need to schedule it.