Undead

Discussion of the upcoming fantasy version of TRIUMPH!
Brummbär
Companion-at-Arms

Re: Undead

Post by Brummbär » Sun Oct 18, 2020 2:38 pm

That would be great!
Rod
Grand Master WGC

Post by Rod » Sun Oct 18, 2020 3:12 pm

Will see if we can get some more info out on this for people to start play testing. As I point out in the video, you can do whatever you like to create historical and fantasy games. The framework is already there in the basic rules.

The goal of making "standard" fantasy rules is to provide a common framework so people can bring an army and play. Just like we do not with our historical tournaments.

So if you are painting and building armies in fantasy now the key is to model them as the base troop type you think they fit best.

So for example, Zombies - probably Horde so put them in mass on a square base.

Skeleton horseman? If you want them to be elite dudes with lots of armor, make them Knights, if they are not as good (because they are mindless undead) make them bad horse, both are typically three to a base.

My goblins (little dudes) are mounted as horde (fast and fierce), think gremlins. My Orcs are mounted as warband (no formation, swinging shield wall shattering two handed weapons). Urak-hai might be elites? might be Pike (aka LOTR movies).

My Valkyries are Jav Cav (flying Jav Cav).

If you have a giant / large monster, mount it on a square base and it will start as an elephant.
Brummbär
Companion-at-Arms

Post by Brummbär » Tue Jan 12, 2021 1:22 pm

I am finished rebasing my undead army - in fact I made 2 armies out of the lot for Triumph!.
Both armies will be part of a campaign game, where I pit them against Orcs, Men of the Empire, Bretonia, High Elves, Barbarians from the North and Dwarfs

1.) Necromancer

IMG_0349.JPG
IMG_0349.JPG (560.75 KiB) Viewed 2682 times

2.) Vampires

IMG_0351.JPG
IMG_0351.JPG (439.37 KiB) Viewed 2682 times
skc
Squire

Post by skc » Wed Aug 18, 2021 10:04 am

Love the figures. I am looking at "resurrecting" (!?) my Undead, Dark Elves etc for Triumph! and these discussions are useful guides for me.
I currently have a mishmash of Dwarves, Orcs, Dragon, Undead, Dark Elves of varying scales. (mainly 15-25mm) which I used many years back for Warhammer. I'm thinking of mix in the scales. I guess as long as the base width matches it should be O.K. In fact my 25mm dragon, orcm minitour, look quite good, towering above the 15mm. Photo a sample of some of my mix.
My Warhammer figures from the 80's.jpg
My Warhammer figures from the 80's.jpg (531.8 KiB) Viewed 2177 times
skc
Squire

Post by skc » Mon Sep 06, 2021 3:30 pm

Thanks David, et al.
This gives me some idea how to sort out my Undead.
Now to work out the Dark Elves. (Really need read up again. Last was about 40yrs back!)
Look forward to the Battlecard vids!
David Kuijt
Grand Master WGC

Post by David Kuijt » Mon Sep 06, 2021 9:17 pm

My Skellie army is nice, but hasn't been rebased for Triumph yet -- it's still based for HotT from a decade and more ago, before we started working on Triumph. I'll post a few pictures soon.
DK
skc
Squire

Post by skc » Tue Sep 07, 2021 7:52 am

Thanks. Will start on my Undead soon. Mainly skellies.