Undead

Discussion of the upcoming fantasy version of TRIUMPH!
Brummbär
Squire

Re: Undead

Post by Brummbär » Sun Oct 18, 2020 2:38 pm

That would be great!
Rod
Grand Master WGC

Post by Rod » Sun Oct 18, 2020 3:12 pm

Will see if we can get some more info out on this for people to start play testing. As I point out in the video, you can do whatever you like to create historical and fantasy games. The framework is already there in the basic rules.

The goal of making "standard" fantasy rules is to provide a common framework so people can bring an army and play. Just like we do not with our historical tournaments.

So if you are painting and building armies in fantasy now the key is to model them as the base troop type you think they fit best.

So for example, Zombies - probably Horde so put them in mass on a square base.

Skeleton horseman? If you want them to be elite dudes with lots of armor, make them Knights, if they are not as good (because they are mindless undead) make them bad horse, both are typically three to a base.

My goblins (little dudes) are mounted as horde (fast and fierce), think gremlins. My Orcs are mounted as warband (no formation, swinging shield wall shattering two handed weapons). Urak-hai might be elites? might be Pike (aka LOTR movies).

My Valkyries are Jav Cav (flying Jav Cav).

If you have a giant / large monster, mount it on a square base and it will start as an elephant.
Brummbär
Squire

Post by Brummbär » Tue Jan 12, 2021 1:22 pm

I am finished rebasing my undead army - in fact I made 2 armies out of the lot for Triumph!.
Both armies will be part of a campaign game, where I pit them against Orcs, Men of the Empire, Bretonia, High Elves, Barbarians from the North and Dwarfs

1.) Necromancer

IMG_0349.JPG
IMG_0349.JPG (560.75 KiB) Viewed 68 times

2.) Vampires

IMG_0351.JPG
IMG_0351.JPG (439.37 KiB) Viewed 68 times