Big battle rules

Discussion related to the upcoming Big Battle version of TRIUMPH!
amenofi64
Levy

Big battle rules

Post by amenofi64 » Sat Dec 17, 2016 5:07 pm

Hello guys, I'm an Italian wargamer and I found Triumph in the Wargamevault. I immediately thought a good alternative to the DBA and then I intend to follow closely the development of the rules.
In particular interests me the chance to play with Big battles system: we did a test at 96 army points on three commands, with the highest command to the commander in chief and other minimum 24 points or even with homogeneous controls 32 points each ... The result was fun.
David Kuijt
Grand Master WGC

Re: Big battle rules

Post by David Kuijt » Sat Dec 17, 2016 5:28 pm

Hi there!

Yes, Big Battle is one of our favorites as well, and we think that Triumph has great potential in that area. The "Big Battle" rules are intended as a bigger version of the base game -- for larger still games the best system seems to be to have more or less normal-sized commands and a different player for each command. At conventions here (East Coast USA) in the last five months we've run four or more Really Big Battles (6-8 commands of more-or-less normal size) based around Leignitz (1241 AD), Dorylaeum (First Crusade), Chalons (451 AD), and I forget the other; they've all been really fun.
DK