15mm Vedic Indian Camp

A place to discuss other TRIUMPH! battlefield features
Texus Maximus
Sergeant

15mm Vedic Indian Camp

Post by Texus Maximus » Fri Feb 04, 2022 12:11 am

This camp depicts a Vedic-age Indian household, with a man sitting outside the home while an adult woman with a large spoon runs forward to scold (or warn) a child near a boiling pot.

There are no surviving examples of Vedic-period village architecture, but there are a few descriptions available . The houses were made of bamboo and evolved from a circular structure into a rectangular shape with a barrel-shaped thatched roof. (Nangia) They are also described as one room cottages made of plastered sticks and mud (Carr).

One of the articles used for this research (The Vedic Age by Ashish Nangia) included an excellent line drawing which I used to make this model:

The hut was made from corrugated cardboard for the sides, balsa and cardboard for the roof and details. The thatch was made with a cloth rag soaked in white glue. This was dry-brushed with craft paints. The figures are conversions of Blue Moon, Donington, and Xyston figures.

References.
Nangia, Ashish. The Vedic Age. (Web article)

Carr, K.E. Vedic architecture in India. (Web article)
Gregorius
Companion-at-Arms

Re: 15mm Vedic Indian Camp

Post by Gregorius » Fri Feb 04, 2022 10:16 pm

Looks great Paul. If I was sitting down leaning up against the house SWMBO would be running towards me brandishing a wooden spoon 😏!

Cheers,
Greg in the antipodes.
Brummbär
Companion-at-Arms

Re: 15mm Vedic Indian Camp

Post by Brummbär » Sat Feb 05, 2022 4:26 am

Nice!!!! :o