Show me what you got ?
Maybe a tomb or a statue ?
Mike "Psybilliah"
Rockville, MD USA
Rod
Grand Master WGC

Re: Ach. Persian camp ideas ?

Post by Rod » Wed Feb 17, 2021 9:36 pm

Darius in a Chariot facing the opposite direction of the battle?
Gregorius
Companion-at-Arms

Post by Gregorius » Wed Feb 17, 2021 10:57 pm

I've used Cyrus' tomb as my Persian camp. Suitable for all periods of Persia located armies.

Cheers,
Greg in the antipodes.
Texus Maximus
Sergeant

Post by Texus Maximus » Fri Feb 19, 2021 9:30 pm

I have an idea for one that I haven't completed. It will be 12 stands of levy troops based as hordes. So maybe 10 figures per stand on 40mm x 40mm bases (15mm troops). These will be packed together in a 6 x 2 rectangle to make the camp. The idea is to represent the masses of troops from around the empire that were present in battle but apparently did not get into battle.

That is 120 figures, so to save time the shields will all be the big latticework rectangular "sparabara" type. I made some different ones on the computer, printed in color, and glued to thick cardboard. Then cut out with scissors. The troops are a variety of Xyston packs that I got on clearance from Brookhurst Hobbies a few years back. The paint jobs will be simple earth tone varieties followed by a Minwax Polyshades "Tudor" dip. So I think it will be maybe 8 hours to get it assembled and finished.

I also had the same idea as Rod and may add a fleeing Darius chariot model to the center.

Xyston has come out with a wide variety of Persian subject troops since then, so I will probably have to add in several different stands of those also.