Using Terrain Boards with Triumph!

Share information about terrain making and battlefield mats
Bill Hupp
Sergeant

Using Terrain Boards with Triumph!

Post by Bill Hupp » Tue May 16, 2017 8:06 pm

With the idea of further improving the look of ancient miniature games, I have been working on some simple to make, slightly geomorphic 2"x2" terrain boards. These are made with precut 2x2 squares, so from the start these fit the legacy systems smaller board size. The first one is done, 8 boards for the Holy Land.

I was thinking of using these for Triumph! and was looking for any feedback on whether the slightly different dimensions using 2 of these boards for a Triumph! game (so 2"x 4") would have much of an impact from the standard recommended size. I can restict 6 inches on each end to get it to 2x3 to get it closer, but I can't think why.

These should also be good for Big Battle games and the size would then be 4 x 6. I presume get to a result is more about how far apart the armies start than anything else. One would think the lack of an edge of the world impact would be be a good thing.

Comments and thoughts appreciated.

Bill
IMG_0310.jpg
IMG_0310.jpg (64.54 KiB) Viewed 7449 times
Bill Hupp
Thistle & Rose Miniatures
Rod
Grand Master WGC

Re: Using Terrain Boards with Triumph!

Post by Rod » Tue May 16, 2017 11:52 pm

Bill,
looks great and if you are measuring from the center, who cares is the edges are long?
Bill Hupp
Sergeant

Re: Using Terrain Boards with Triumph!

Post by Bill Hupp » Wed May 17, 2017 4:50 pm

Just picked up the Perry Brothers TravelBattle Game. It is a fast play portable Nappy game.

It comes with 2 equal boards that are 10 x 10 inches with pre-set terrain.

It uses a two board system for the battlefield that would work with a 2x4 battlefield of 2 x2 boards.

Each Player chooses a board,
Each player rolls a D6 to see which side of their board faces them. (1-4 of numbered sides, 5,6 choose)
Push the boards together.
Roll a dice to see who places the first Brigade/Group on their board edge.

Bill
Bill Hupp
Thistle & Rose Miniatures