15mm Tamil Indian

A place to share painting tips and photos of painted armies and figures
David Kuijt
Grand Master WGC

15mm Tamil Indian

Post by David Kuijt » Sun Jul 07, 2024 3:08 pm

Hi all,

Jack and I just took a lot of pictures of my figs for interior illustrations in upcoming Triumph books (Print-on-Demand Grand Triumph, Campaign Books, Scenario Books).

Here's one of them that he just finished post-processing, of the Elephant Parade from my Tamil Indians. The image will show up much smaller in the print book, of course. The general and the gong-beater on his stand are Grumpy miniatures; I've frankly no idea where the elephants come from. Not Khurasan, I just looked. Not Grumpy, I'm fairly sure.

[EDIT] seems like the Elephants and their other crew are Outpost Wargames Services figures. Sadly it seems that the owner of Outpost died in 2022, but someone else has acquired the moulds from the 15mm part of their ranges and is selling them on ebay out of the UK.

DSC_0090.JPG
DSC_0090.JPG (928.6 KiB) Viewed 2674 times
DK
Texus Maximus
Sergeant

Re: 15mm Tamil Indian

Post by Texus Maximus » Mon Jul 22, 2024 9:45 pm

I like the detail work; was it done with Micron pens?
David Kuijt
Grand Master WGC

Re: 15mm Tamil Indian

Post by David Kuijt » Tue Jul 23, 2024 5:48 pm

Texus Maximus wrote:
Mon Jul 22, 2024 9:45 pm
I like the detail work; was it done with Micron pens?
Some yes, some no.

For example, on the center elephant howdah, the blue dots surrounding the flower and the orange outlining on the flower and the stalk of the plant are all Micron pens; everything else is acrylic. The red dots on the general's tunic are Micron pens. The blue outline on the right elephant's carpet is Micron (I think); nothing on the left elephant is. Eyes and eyebrows on all my 15mm figures are black Micron pens.
DK