A Note on Museum Z range figures

A place to share information about figures and other models
FanatiChris
Squire

A Note on Museum Z range figures

Post by FanatiChris » Wed Nov 18, 2020 5:59 pm

For those of you like me who are following Museum Miniatures' progress with their new Z-range miniatures, who are intrigued by the detail and posing, but unsure whether they're as blocky and beefy looking as in the CAD drawings that are displayed in the Catalog.

Well, I just received a recent order of figures from Museum to finish converting my NKE to Triumph, and a sample Macedonian companion horseman from their new Z range was included in the package. And I must say I was very pleased with the figure. Excellent detail, great pose, and very cleanly cast with no flash in whatever alloy Museum uses, which produces solid but not brittle figures. Same pose and detail, but not at all like close-up CAD image, which you can see here in the Museum Catalog: https://www.museumminiatures.co.uk/comp ... valry.html.

Truly excellent figure, which has me convinced to give Z a try. Just have to figure out which range, or wait until they add a new one that I want. So far, they have Alex. Macedonians, Hoplite Greeks, Early Indians, and Scythians.
David Kuijt
Grand Master WGC

Re: A Note on Museum Z range figures

Post by David Kuijt » Wed Nov 18, 2020 6:15 pm

25s, or 15s?
DK
chris6
Squire

Re: A Note on Museum Z range figures

Post by chris6 » Thu Nov 19, 2020 8:59 am

They are 15s.

I have Macedonians and Greek Minis. Actually they look really great. The metall is hard but not an easy break. Very sharp detail.

But depending on your paintingstyle they can be very hard to paint. I myself prefer black coating and simple blocking in the paint leaving black lines. That is all. With the sharp detail of the figures you too have only low detail. Hard to find the words here for german native...I mean let`s say the belts are not standing as high out from the tunic to easily paint them and leave a black line.

I had to switch to a painting style with washes which I do not like that much.

Still the army looks good on the table. But that was the downside of the Z minis.

(Z Minis....Zombies?)