Bronze Age European Barbarians Proposed New Range

A place to share information about figures and other models
michaelguth
Squire

Bronze Age European Barbarians Proposed New Range

Post by michaelguth » Mon Nov 19, 2018 7:09 pm

A surprisingly strong army in the Chariot Supremacy period. Would anyone buy these if I commission the range from a designer known to do this kind of thing? They could probably also be used as Sea Peoples, early Bronze age Greeks, maybe Dorians; and maybe Trojan/Hittites.

See the 28mm heads set from Eureka miniatures AU Bronze age Greek range, they won't mind.....
Piyan Glupak
Levy

Re: Bronze Age European Barbarians Proposed New Range

Post by Piyan Glupak » Tue Nov 20, 2018 5:54 am

This isn't an expression of interest to purchase; I wish you the very best of luck with this potential project, but I am sure that you would want to be aware of any competition.

I already have Bronze Age Northern Europe Barbarian figures in 28mm and 15mm figures sizes. The 28mm ones are Foundry, and the 15mm ones are a mixtures of Falcon and MY Miniatures.

The Falcon ones form the vast majority of my Urnfield Culture army, and the MY Miniatures ones the Early North European Bronze Age and Halstatt and La Tene armies. The Falcon figures are very nice, but, I understand, extremely difficult to get hold of now, even in the USA. MY Miniatures figures vary from the crude but useable (such as the Early Bronze Age figures) to the reasonable (such as the Halstatt & La Tene).

I rarely use my 28mm figures these days, as I find 15mm much more convenient. However, I think that the Foundry N. European Bronze Age figures are some of my favourite in this figure size. Some of mine are individually based for skirmishing, others are in a HotT army. I can't see me converting my 28mm figures to armies for Triumph!, as I have with the 15mm figures.

Edit: You might not be aware of MY Miniatures. Here is a link:

http://www.spanglefish.com/mickyarrowminiatures/
michaelguth
Squire

Re: Bronze Age European Barbarians Proposed New Range

Post by michaelguth » Tue Nov 20, 2018 7:17 pm

Falcon USA is not showing up at conventions. Kai Weaver was ill. Many posts on theminiaturespage.com indicate difficulty in getting orders acknowledged or filled. It is a shame that the molds are not in more reliable hands. Paradoxically, painted Falcon armies show up regularly on ebay painted by Abughan. He is a bit cryptic about where the figures actually come from!

I have some MY elephants in my collection. He is a nice guy. I have some of his Assyrians as well. But, I would like to get the figures a bit larger.

After discussion with Nic I don't see the project starting. It would take $1600 just to get a range of 8 figures. Variety is the spice of life. Sad, because the 28mm version of the tribes are great.