Khurasan 15mm West Sudanese Range

A place to share information about figures and other models
Andreas Johansson
Companion-at-Arms

Re: Khurasan 15mm West Sudanese Range

Post by Andreas Johansson » Sun Jul 22, 2018 9:59 am

David Kuijt wrote:
Andreas Johansson wrote: Right, that starts at 1502, outside the Triumph timeframe.
Exactly when is the Triumph time-frame supposed to end, BTW? Meshwesh currently has two lists starting later than AD 1502 (League of Cambrai Spanish and Neo-Inca).
David Kuijt
Grand Master WGC

Post by David Kuijt » Sun Jul 22, 2018 12:10 pm

Andreas Johansson wrote: Exactly when is the Triumph time-frame supposed to end, BTW? Meshwesh currently has two lists starting later than AD 1502 (League of Cambrai Spanish and Neo-Inca).
That's complicated by the fact that some of us are interested in doing Renaissance Triumph. Don't look for it for several years, if it ever materializes (we haven't even started on it, and we've got a lot of other things to work on before that are higher priority and have been worked-upon).

We haven't put much effort into enforcing a hard closing date. League of Cambrai Spanish are probably later than our intent; I don't recall making a decision to include them, and the original work on them was several years ago. They can stay until Renaissance Triumph happens (or doesn't). I do recall getting twitchy every time I worked on a very late (1490s+) 15th century army list, and if my emotional memory is correct there were a couple that I could have included that I didn't. Regardless, I wouldn't bother removing them now on a purity kick.

Vilcabamba Neo-Inca are late because the conquest of South America was late, but they are pre-gunpowder and an interesting army so I have no emotional issue with their inclusion (although admittedly a bit speculative, as we have little information about them). There's five or so North American lists in process that will have the same problems (late date, sketchy info, a bit speculative) and the more serious problem that nobody makes figures for Haida warriors, etc.:
  • North Maritime Pacific North American
  • Central and South Maritime Pacific North American
  • Coastal Mountain Pacific North American
  • Columbia Basin Nations
  • Interior Plateau Nations
For the Columbia Basin and Interior Plateau nations, the cutoff point is the introduction of the horse, not gunpowder. Their cultures and military (and that of the great plains tribes) completely altered when the horse came in. The horse didn't get to the coast until after smallpox and the end of the coastal and maritime cultures.
DK
Andreas Johansson
Companion-at-Arms

Post by Andreas Johansson » Sun Jul 22, 2018 4:19 pm

Thanks 8-)
FanatiChris
Squire

Post by FanatiChris » Mon Jul 30, 2018 4:48 pm

Eureka's Tlinglit (NW American) range works reasonably well for Haida. See: http://www.eurekamin.com.au/index.php?cPath=87_102_729