Proposed 15mm Sumerian Range (by Eureka)

A place to share information about figures and other models
Rod
Grand Master WGC

Re: Proposed 15mm Sumerian Range (by Eureka)

Post by Rod » Mon Dec 25, 2017 7:04 pm

same here.
FanatiChris
Squire

Post by FanatiChris » Tue Jan 02, 2018 9:45 pm

Well the word from Nic Robson is that as of the Jan. 2 deadline, he had confirmed orders equaling 77% of the cost of launching the 15mm Sumerian range and has 5-6 email contacts out still pending confirmation. He is going to look at the orders to see if there is anything in the proposed range that could be dropped due to lack of interest to lower the overall cost. My sense is that we're still $250 AUS or more short of the target, pending what happens with those outstanding email contacts. So if you have any interest in seeing this range come to life, now's your last change to communicate your interest to Nic Robson at nicr (at) eurekamin.com.au.
FanatiChris
Squire

Post by FanatiChris » Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:54 pm

Some good news from Nic Robson. Apparently enough orders came in at the deadline to give the Sumerian project a green light. Nic is in the process of collecting deposits and if all the money comes in as pledged, he expects to be able to start the range and begin delivering figures perhaps as early as May 2018. According to Nic, "To summarise, the figures will be 15mm, sculpted by Alan Marsh. Weapons will be cast with the figures, and all the poses will be similar to those in our 28mm range. Variants will be supplied at random, as always, which will mean equal numbers of each variant will be sent."

Here is a summary of the proposed range. In some cases, they represent a consolidation of the 25mm range, e.g. pikeman with and without cloak instead of two codes. Also, javelinmen with and without beards instead of seperate Lullabi code. For rules without a foot command option, Royal guardsmen in the Command pack could be mixed with the battlecart and/or axeman elements for variety.

Code - Description (# Poses) - Notes

300SUM01 - Command (4+) - Gilgamesh, general figure, standard bearer, 3x Royal Guardsmen (1 pose okay). Gilgamesh and general figure should be based so that they can be swapped into the Battlecart for the spearman.

300SUM02 - Pikemen (6) - Mixed poses – 3 with cloak, 3 without cloak

300SUM03 - Axeman (4) - Mixed poses – 2 with cloak, 2 without cloak

300SUM04 - Archers (3) - Mixed poses

300SUM05 - Slingers (3) - Mixed poses

300SUM06 - Javelinmen (4) - Mixed poses (two with beards, two without beards). Representing peasants/rabble and/or subject levies/mercenaries.

300SUM07 - Battlecart - Cart, driver, spearman, 4x asses

300SUM08 - Straddlecart - Cart. Spearman/driver, 2x asses

300SUM09 - Archers (Akkadian) - Mixed poses

Big shout out to Paul Pecena, whose perseverance in promoting this range helped put it over the top.
David Kuijt
Grand Master WGC

Post by David Kuijt » Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:43 pm

Excellent!
DK
Rod
Grand Master WGC

Post by Rod » Fri Jan 12, 2018 9:56 pm

I already got my e-mail from Nic!

Something tells me we will need to have an Sumerian Civil War Campaign theme next year ;)
David Kuijt
Grand Master WGC

Post by David Kuijt » Sat Jan 13, 2018 12:17 am

Rod wrote: Something tells me we will need to have an Sumerian Civil War Campaign theme next year ;)
12 Sumerian armies?
DK
Texus Maximus
Sergeant

Post by Texus Maximus » Sat Jan 13, 2018 2:10 am

I bought enough to do at least four all-options Sumerian Armies. So now I guess I will have to attend!

Also, Chris is the one who did all the work setting up the proposal for this project. We discussed it back in July when I was passing through Silver Springs on my way from Boston to Dallas and played a few games of Triumph at his house.
Rod
Grand Master WGC

Post by Rod » Sun Jan 14, 2018 5:31 pm

David Kuijt wrote:
Rod wrote: Something tells me we will need to have an Sumerian Civil War Campaign theme next year ;)
12 Sumerian armies?

It will be the one army everyone apparently owns :P
FanatiChris
Squire

Post by FanatiChris » Wed Jul 04, 2018 2:20 pm

The sculpts by Alan Marsh are back and Nic can start setting up the moulds and spinning out figures for the Sumerians. There are some teaser shots of the sculpts on the Eureka blogsite, reposted at TMP here: http://theminiaturespage.com/boards/msg.mv?id=484354
FanatiChris
Squire

Post by FanatiChris » Mon Sep 10, 2018 7:39 pm

Well....I just picked out 270 15mm Sumerians plus 6 battlecarts from Eureka's new range to meet my 300 Club obligation. Now what am I going to do with 270 Sumerians. If I could only find a good skin colored primer...they'd be half-way done.