Agulani

A place to talk about MESHWESH army lists
Andreas Johansson
Companion-at-Arms

Agulani

Post by Andreas Johansson » Wed Oct 06, 2021 1:39 pm

The Great and Rum Seljuk list allows a single stand of Agulani in 1097, corresponding to their appearance at Dorylaeum. The Gesta Francorum also mentions them as present in Kerbogha's army at Antioch in 1098, which I guess would count as the eastern Seljuk list.
David Kuijt
Grand Master WGC

Re: Agulani

Post by David Kuijt » Wed Oct 06, 2021 3:03 pm

Thanks, Andreas. These single-reference line items are difficult. Was that "Great Seljuk" or not -- as you say, Kerbogha was from Mosul (the East) with a combined army from lots of places.
DK
David Kuijt
Grand Master WGC

Re: Agulani

Post by David Kuijt » Wed Oct 06, 2021 5:06 pm

David Kuijt wrote:
Wed Oct 06, 2021 3:03 pm
Thanks, Andreas. These single-reference line items are difficult. Was that "Great Seljuk" or not -- as you say, Kerbogha was from Mosul (the East) with a combined army from lots of places.
Reviewing some materials and the army list descriptive notes (that will eventually be visible on Meshwesh -- the data is entered, but it's a coding issue and will take some time before the data is visible), I'm thinking that Kerbogha's combined army counts as a Great Seljuk army, as it included elements from Palestine and the Emirates of Damascus and Homs. So not a Seljuk Eastern Sultanate army as such.

But I'll update the Great Seljuk army to extend the time limit for Agulani another year, allowing them to appear at Antioch as well.
DK