Scots Common List

A place to talk about MESHWESH army lists
Pavane
Squire

Scots Common List

Post by Pavane » Mon Aug 16, 2021 1:37 am

With the border having been closed for more than 1 1/2 years, I have not played Triumph since at least that long. There is a digital Field of Glory II World Team Championship tournament starting soon and I am on Team Canada. I will be playing Scots 1162 AD - 1319 AD with Scots (Isles and Highlands) 1050 AD - 1319 AD allies, which is equivalent to the Scots Common Triumph list. One of the big differences is that the FOG2 army list allows a significant number of Highlander units who are are warriors and also 50% archers. Highland units were often part of a Scots army at this time, even the armies of William Wallace and Robert the Bruce. There is a debate among scholars whether the highlanders were armed the same as and were integrated with the lowland Scots, or whether they formed separate units using traditional arms and tactics. It seems like Triumph agrees with the former and FOG2 leans toward the latter.

The good news for me is that there is a local miniatures player who is on Team Canada. I will dust of my Triumph figures in the Fall and, hopefully, start playing again after I teach him the rules.