Meshwesh minor errors and typos

A place to talk about MESHWESH army lists
David Kuijt
Grand Master WGC

Re: Meshwesh minor errors and typos

Post by David Kuijt » Sun Feb 21, 2021 9:32 pm

JonathanJ wrote:
Sun Feb 21, 2021 8:58 pm
The Feudal German lists indicate that the knights can have the mid-battle dismounting battle card, but they do not indicate what they dismount as. I've assumed elite foot, but it doesn't actually say...
It's Elite Foot.

Ya, I spotted this one and it's fixed, but the fix hasn't been propogated to the online database yet. But thanks!
DK
Andreas Johansson
Companion-at-Arms

Post by Andreas Johansson » Sat Mar 06, 2021 8:30 pm

The Ottoman Empire list has "Djanazan" - should be "Djanbazan".

Also, you may want to retain this as an established wargamerism, but "Iayalars" is technically pleonastic - in Turkish it's one yaya "footman, pedestrian", many yayalar.
David Kuijt
Grand Master WGC

Post by David Kuijt » Sun Mar 07, 2021 12:44 pm

Andreas Johansson wrote:
Sat Mar 06, 2021 8:30 pm
The Ottoman Empire list has "Djanazan" - should be "Djanbazan".

Also, you may want to retain this as an established wargamerism, but "Iayalars" is technically pleonastic - in Turkish it's one yaya "footman, pedestrian", many yayalar.
Typos fixed. Thanks for the pointer.
DK
Andreas Johansson
Companion-at-Arms

Post by Andreas Johansson » Mon Mar 08, 2021 9:20 pm

The Timurid list has it's prepared defenses defined as "(only White Sheep) Wagon laager to protect artillery", which looks like a copy-paste error or similar.

I'm not sure why there's both an Andalusian Invasions AD 710-764 list and an Early Andalusian AD 711-764 one, but what must be an error is that both have "bowmen and slingers" classed as Rabble with the Supporting Bowmen battle card.
David Kuijt
Grand Master WGC

Post by David Kuijt » Mon Mar 08, 2021 10:30 pm

Andreas Johansson wrote:
Mon Mar 08, 2021 9:20 pm
The Timurid list has it's prepared defenses defined as "(only White Sheep) Wagon laager to protect artillery", which looks like a copy-paste error or similar.
Hmmm. I looked for this error in the master list and couldn't find it -- I must have fixed it already. That usually means it's time to refresh the Meshwesh database (upload the master list again).
Andreas Johansson wrote:
I'm not sure why there's both an Andalusian Invasions AD 710-764 list and an Early Andalusian AD 711-764 one,
The makeup of those lists is very different. One of them represents waves of forces from outside (external armies coming in). The other represents the various established Andalusian armies of cities and powers already there. The "invasion" forces are mostly Berber light foot, and could have other supporting forces, but the light foot is mandatory. The established Andalusian forces have mandatory Andalusian spearmen and bowmen and Andalusian cavalry, and forces of Berbers are optional and may be missing.
Andreas Johansson wrote:
but what must be an error is that both have "bowmen and slingers" classed as Rabble with the Supporting Bowmen battle card.
Not sure what you're saying? How is that an error? Although now I'm wondering if we never said that Rabble could be legally Supporting Bowmen -- most rabble are not bowmen at all, so we might not have thought of that. In this case, though, I don't really want to rate the Andalusian slinger/bowmen as Skirmishers just to permit them to be supporting bowmen. I wonder if this is the only case in the army list where Rabble get to be supporting bowmen? Lemme go look...
DK
Andreas Johansson
Companion-at-Arms

Post by Andreas Johansson » Tue Mar 09, 2021 9:13 pm

David Kuijt wrote:
Mon Mar 08, 2021 10:30 pm
Andreas Johansson wrote:
but what must be an error is that both have "bowmen and slingers" classed as Rabble with the Supporting Bowmen battle card.
Not sure what you're saying? How is that an error? Although now I'm wondering if we never said that Rabble could be legally Supporting Bowmen -- most rabble are not bowmen at all, so we might not have thought of that.
The Battle Card says it applies to "Skirmishers, Bow Levy, or in rare cases Archers", so either the lists or the card is in error.
David Kuijt
Grand Master WGC

Post by David Kuijt » Fri Sep 24, 2021 2:25 pm

Andreas Johansson wrote:
Sun Sep 08, 2019 6:23 pm
Not an error, perhaps, but it's passing strange that the "Later Muslim Indian" list is followed by the Sultanate of Delhi one. The dates of the former list appears to be that of the Mamluk Dynasty of Delhi, so maybe that's what the list should be called? Or just call them Early Sultanate of Delhi and Later Sultanate of Delhi?

Also, is the Sultanate of Delhi list, despite the name, intended to also cover breakaway Muslim regimes like the Bahmani Sultanate? There doesn't seem to be any other likely candidate.
What about Early Sultanate of Delhi and Later Muslim Indian? (allowing the Later List to include the Bahmani Sultanate and other breakaways)? So the LMI name swaps to the post 1290 list, and the 1206-1290 list gets called Early Sultanate?
DK
Andreas Johansson
Companion-at-Arms

Post by Andreas Johansson » Tue Oct 05, 2021 2:32 pm

Sounds reasonable to me :)