Middle Assyrian

A place to talk about MESHWESH army lists
Snowcat
Levy

Middle Assyrian

Post by Snowcat » Sat Dec 24, 2016 6:09 am

It's not easy to reach the necessary 48pts with the current list.
e.g. with Ashurnasirpal II's army (at exactly 859BC), you need to take virtually everything just to reach 47 or 48pts.
4 x Chariots = 16
1 x Bad Horse = 3
3 x Raiders = 12
2 x Skirmishers = 6
4 x Bow Levy = 8
1 x Horde = 2
Total: 47pts
Option: drop 1 x Bad Horse and take both Hordes = 48pts. There's no other option available.

Perhaps add some more Raiders and Skirmishers...? Or something else?

Cheers.
David Kuijt
Grand Master WGC

Re: Middle Assyrian

Post by David Kuijt » Sat Dec 24, 2016 2:11 pm

See the earlier discussion about internal allies. The Middle Assyrian and Early Neo-Assyrian army can take an "internal ally" of
  • 2-4x Light Foot (militia or vassal spearmen)
  • 1-2x Skirmisher (militia or vassal bowmen)
In addition to all the other stands you mention. Plus a possible Aramaean and Neo-Hittite ally as well, but that's an external ally.

I'll search for the link to the earlier discussion of internal allies and insert it into this thread after I post this note.

Allies are going to be up (viewable) on Meshwesh soon; we're working on the coding for them in the last few weeks. Perhaps before the end of the year, depending upon how brutal the holiday season is with other constraints (family, in-laws, overeating, presents, oh the agony).
DK
David Kuijt
Grand Master WGC

Post by David Kuijt » Sat Dec 24, 2016 2:13 pm

Here's the link to the post where I explain (at great length) about how internal allies work, and why we're using them as a representational mechanism.

http://forum.wgcwar.com/viewtopic.php?f=14&t=16#p33
DK
Snowcat
Levy

Post by Snowcat » Sun Dec 25, 2016 12:12 am

Aha! Now that changes things! :)

Very much looking forward to that particular update for the lists (btw Attila's army is not in the search engine index and is easy to miss at the bottom of the Western Hunnic page - only visible if you scroll down past Hunnic enemies - but that's another matter).

Thanks for the quick reply and explanation. And watch out for the Christmas Food Coma - try not to eat too much! ;)

Cheers
David Kuijt
Grand Master WGC

Post by David Kuijt » Sun Dec 25, 2016 4:52 am

Snowcat wrote: (btw Attila's army is not in the search engine index and is easy to miss at the bottom of the Western Hunnic page - only visible if you scroll down past Hunnic enemies - but that's another matter).
Already in process -- I added a whole bunch of keywords to the army lists, so now "Anglo-Norman" will return a hit when you search for "English", and Attila comes up when you search for "Hun" and so on. That was a week or two ago, while trying to avoid grading for the end of the semester; it should be up in the next update.
DK
Snowcat
Levy

Post by Snowcat » Sun Dec 25, 2016 11:17 am

David Kuijt wrote:Already in process -- I added a whole bunch of keywords to the army lists, so now "Anglo-Norman" will return a hit when you search for "English", and Attila comes up when you search for "Hun" and so on. That was a week or two ago, while trying to avoid grading for the end of the semester; it should be up in the next update.

Excellent, thanks.

Cheers.