Triumph! Goes to School.

A place to talk about MESHWESH army lists
CoachB
Levy

Triumph! Goes to School.

Post by CoachB » Mon Nov 13, 2017 5:47 pm

Howdy, I am in the planning stages of offering Triumph! as a wargaming class in summer 2018. I have been doing wargaming classes for the past 22 years. Last summer (2017) I had 18 classes. These classes are 2.5 hours long and last for 5 days.

Now my main questions is which Army Lists are finished and ready for use in Triumph! because the students that take my classes will receive an army of minis that they will learn to clean, prime and paint their army. Then we play the game for two days.

Last year I did Rome and Her Enemies class, so the kids picked a Roman or an enemy of Rome as their armies from the pile of armies I had. So I was wanting to do something similar along a Theme that had completed Army Lists on Meshwesh so I could order the minis for the armies.

I have until November 26th to submit my classes with descriptions to the school director.

Any suggestions?

thanks.
Gregorius
Companion-at-Arms

Re: Triumph! Goes to School.

Post by Gregorius » Tue Nov 14, 2017 5:06 am

That's a great way to introduce youngsters to gaming. Well done to you sir. There is a similar programme here in Australia. The teacher concerned offers wargaming as an alternative to sport for those not interested in the sweatier pursuits. All done with 20mm plastic figures.

Cheers,
Greg in the antipodes.
Rod
Grand Master WGC

Post by Rod » Tue Nov 14, 2017 9:43 am

If you want to do something different than classical Roman Era, I might suggest the Chariot Supremacy thematic category?

Lots of cool biblical armies many in the ready status (some pending review).
Bill Hupp
Sergeant

Post by Bill Hupp » Wed Nov 15, 2017 1:00 pm

That’s great CoachB. And very good numbers.

Our group is going to start a series/period of Triumph! games using the Crusader Kingdoms lists. Those appear to be in final review form on Meshwesh. Knights and chariots are popular with school age kids.

Hopefully by the time you run the class all the descriptive information will be up on the site so that can help the kids with identifying the elements and painting the figs. (If you need them sooner, you might request the info in draft form.)

Bill
Bill Hupp
Thistle & Rose Miniatures