Army Builder Template

A place to talk about MESHWESH army lists
Hotrod
Levy

Army Builder Template

Post by Hotrod » Wed May 03, 2017 9:21 pm

If anyone is interested, I put together an Excel template with all the troop types, point values, move and combat stats that sums up their stats and gives you a running army point total along with raw number "move" total, "vs foot", "vs Mounted" totals and what I called an overall "combat total". All the current unit types are in the table. You can plug in how many of each unit type you want in your army, and it gives you a running army point total so you can quickly see how swapping out units effects your point total. With the move, vs foot and vs mounted subtotals you can see raw numbers reflecting how swapping out units might increase overall mobility or make the army overall better against foot, better against mounted, or balanced. It led me to adjust several of my ancient armies that weren't as balanced as I thought, and two I greatly improved mobility while keeping their combat balanced against foot and mounted. I have saved several of them by army name so I can quickly put together an Egyptian Army for example, that is balanced or stronger against foot or stronger against mounted troops. Anyone interested PM me and I will be happy to forward it to you. Big help in planning armies before buying the miniatures. I'll be busy until 5-7-17, but will check then and reply to any requests. By the way, LOVE THE GAME (with one home rule for chariots)!
David Schlanger
Grand Master WGC

Re: Army Builder Template

Post by David Schlanger » Thu May 04, 2017 11:19 pm

Sounds very cool! I would love to check it out if you are able to share the template.
Also, what is your Chariot home rule? Just curious, given that I absolutely love the way chariots play in Triumph!

DS
Maerk
Levy

Post by Maerk » Sun Jun 11, 2017 9:32 am

such a tool would come in very handy! PM sent.

Maerk
http://minimaerk.blogspot.ch/
Rod
Grand Master WGC

Post by Rod » Sun Jun 11, 2017 2:13 pm

Sounds cool....

PM sent.