Later Hebrew list Option 7, Judean allies for Israel

A place to talk about MESHWESH army lists
michaelguth
Squire

Later Hebrew list Option 7, Judean allies for Israel

Post by michaelguth » Tue Jun 06, 2023 1:57 pm

This listing appears to have been altered since I last downloaded a copy.

Option seven used to have 1 Judean chariot and an option for a second listed on a separate line. . Now, it lists 3 separate chariot lines, 1 chariot -combined kingdom under Solomon, and 1 Israelite chariot and 1 Judean chariot. I think this is an error.

Mike Guth
David Kuijt
Grand Master WGC

Re: Later Hebrew list Option 7, Judean allies for Israel

Post by David Kuijt » Wed Jun 07, 2023 8:50 pm

michaelguth wrote:
Tue Jun 06, 2023 1:57 pm
Option seven used to have 1 Judean chariot and an option for a second listed on a separate line. . Now, it lists 3 separate chariot lines, 1 chariot -combined kingdom under Solomon, and 1 Israelite chariot and 1 Judean chariot. I think this is an error.
It's not really an error, although I can see how it is confusing. Although I am surprised that the United Solomon list shows up -- it shouldn't, because there is no date overlap.

That's going to be a complicated programming issue, I believe. Ally lists are computed on the fly from the original source list. There is no magic labeling technique that allows us to easily enforce the strange permutation that an Israel list (924-722 BC) with a Judah ally (924-587 BC, but from the same base list) is forced to use the Judah options on the base list to compute the results. I may have to either remove it as an option (it doesn't add much, like a Marian ally on a Marian list) or do something else. I'll try to take a look at it later this summer.
DK
David Kuijt
Grand Master WGC

Post by David Kuijt » Wed Jun 07, 2023 8:56 pm

michaelguth wrote:
Tue Jun 06, 2023 1:57 pm
This listing appears to have been altered since I last downloaded a copy.
a) why are you downloading copies, Mike?

b) the list hasn't been changed for several years (15 months at least, maybe 18 months or longer?), not sure when you might have downloaded a copy -- list changes happen, but if you want this information to be useful, write on your downloaded copies what the datestamp is. I'd be very interested if it changed in the last month or three; completely uninterested if you downloaded that five years ago, because we fixed a number of bugs about four years ago (just pre Covid). For example.
DK
michaelguth
Squire

Post by michaelguth » Thu Jun 08, 2023 9:27 pm

Dear DK,

a. I don't own a cell phone with internet capability.

b. Download is the wrong word, I print copies and take them to games The printed copy is also convenient for me when going through collections of DBA armies and ordering extra figures to get to Triumph size, or planning campaigns. Looking at a more recent copy the only change is the 'United Kingdom under Solomon' in the allied option. Could all be pre Covid.
David Kuijt
Grand Master WGC

Post by David Kuijt » Fri Jun 09, 2023 11:55 am

michaelguth wrote:
Thu Jun 08, 2023 9:27 pm
Looking at a more recent copy the only change is the 'United Kingdom under Solomon' in the allied option. Could all be pre Covid.
Right, that change was quite a long time ago. Five years, maybe even. So long ago I do not recall when.
DK