Fantasy List?

A place to talk about MESHWESH army lists
skc
Squire

Fantasy List?

Post by skc » Fri May 07, 2021 6:20 am

I am in the process of rearranging, sorting out what Fantasy stuff I have and was wondering if there are any Fantasy Army Lists in the making. Looked at Meshwesh but nothing there. Maybe someone knows of, or has a generic List that will eventually become more formal later, that I could work with for now? (or should I use something like the HOTT Lists?)
Thanks in advance.
Rod
Grand Master WGC

Re: Fantasy List?

Post by Rod » Fri May 07, 2021 11:11 am

There are some what if lists on this forum, but fantasy is by definition, well fantasy :)

I think as we roll out the fantasy rules in the future we will have a lot more discussion on this topic.

For your immediate question it might be worth describing what sort of fantasy army or armies you are thinking of making and people can throw some idea starters out for how to organize that sort of army.
David Kuijt
Grand Master WGC

Post by David Kuijt » Sat May 08, 2021 1:48 am

As Rod says -- fantasy list for what?

I've got a couple of dozen lists for Middle Earth; DS and I have fifty or more fantasy armies; I've created Kaiju lists for Monsterpocalypse figures; a decade or so ago DS and I ran 10 special Star Wars scenarios that are eventually going to be refurbed and run for Triumph. There are so many different possibilities that the mind boggles. So which of these are you interested in talking about?
DK
skc
Squire

Post by skc » Sat May 08, 2021 5:57 am

I'm mainly interested in the Lord of the Rings type Fantasy of which I still have a number of 15mm & 25mm Figures. Attached (Also play Total War Warhammer, on PC) There is a good site (Warhammer Armies Project)which preserves, keeps going and has the beautifully Illustrated Army List pdf books (free) regarding the old Warhammer Rules. (which if I find a partner I would play.) However would also be interested in a Triumph! version.
Attachments
Some of my Warhammer Armies from the 1980's
Some of my Warhammer Armies from the 1980's
My Warhammer figures from the 80's.jpg (531.8 KiB) Viewed 3775 times
David Kuijt
Grand Master WGC

Post by David Kuijt » Sat May 08, 2021 11:17 am

Never played Warhammer. I've used some of the GW figure ranges for other purposes, though -- I've got a Lizardman army which is based upon plastic dinosaurs and GW Skinks, and it's really nice. And I've got a Beastman army with some add-ons like a metal-figure Cyclops. Here's some lists for those -- I'll try to add some pictures later.

Lizardman Army
  • 3x Elephant (Ceratopsians with Lizardman crew). one is an Ankylosaur, and would get the Fantasy Battlecard "Armored" as well (better defense against missile attacks)
  • 2x JavCav with Flying (Pteradactyls etc.)
  • 6x Raiders (Lizardman foot)
  • 2x Skirmishers (Lizardman blowgunners)
  • Battle Cards:
    • Ambush
    • Fortified Camp (modified Aztec step pyramid)
Beastman Army
  • 1x Warband General with Hero
  • 8x Warband with Deadly (large beastmen)
  • 4x Warband (normal-sized beastmen)
  • 1x Elephant (Cyclops)
  • Battle Cards:
    • Ambush
    • Fortified Camp (ditch and palisade)
DK
Rod
Grand Master WGC

Post by Rod » Sat May 08, 2021 12:10 pm

For Warhammer armies, I would start with the troop descriptions from the GW army books if trying to stay "true" to the background.

DK's list is pretty good.

I have a monsterpocalypse lizard army were I run my flying Pterodactyls as bad horse for example.
David Kuijt
Grand Master WGC

Post by David Kuijt » Sat May 08, 2021 12:55 pm

Rod wrote:
Sat May 08, 2021 12:10 pm
I have a monsterpocalypse lizard army were I run my flying Pterodactyls as bad horse for example.
Ya, that works well for smaller Pterodactyls -- the two in this particular army are really large so I figured that JavCav is a better representation for them.
DK
skc
Squire

Post by skc » Sat May 08, 2021 1:58 pm

Those armies sound interesting. I guess these have the same points as the usual Triumph! lists. Perhaps some Fantasy troop types with their own points values or Battlecards with magic or whatever?
David Kuijt
Grand Master WGC

Post by David Kuijt » Sat May 08, 2021 2:35 pm

skc wrote:
Sat May 08, 2021 1:58 pm
Those armies sound interesting. I guess these have the same points as the usual Triumph! lists. Perhaps some Fantasy troop types with their own points values or Battlecards with magic or whatever?
Fantasy Triumph is regular Triumph with some battle cards to represent special abilities, and very few rules additions otherwise. The rules additions support the battle card abilities that require more extensive changes -- Flying, for example, and Heroes.
DK
skc
Squire

Post by skc » Sat May 08, 2021 3:20 pm

Looking forward. Thanks.