Warwagon base size

Anything else related to the TRIUMPH! rules
jbbpioneer
Levy

Warwagon base size

Post by jbbpioneer » Sun Oct 10, 2021 8:37 pm

I just picked up a nice Hussite DBA/Triumph army at Hurricon in Florida last month. Having lived for 2 years in Prague, I know all about the Hussites and was eager to try them out on the table.

But I have a problem... the wagons are mounted nicely with the horse teams in place and are on a 40x80mm base vs. the 40x40 base size for 15mm. I really want to preserve the nice models and am wondering what adjustments I could make to the rules to use the 40x80 bases as WWG.

Any ideas from anyone?

Many thanks... Jeff
David Kuijt
Grand Master WGC

Re: Warwagon base size

Post by David Kuijt » Mon Oct 11, 2021 12:54 am

jbbpioneer wrote:
Sun Oct 10, 2021 8:37 pm
I just picked up a nice Hussite DBA/Triumph army at Hurricon in Florida last month. Having lived for 2 years in Prague, I know all about the Hussites and was eager to try them out on the table.

But I have a problem... the wagons are mounted nicely with the horse teams in place and are on a 40x80mm base vs. the 40x40 base size for 15mm. I really want to preserve the nice models and am wondering what adjustments I could make to the rules to use the 40x80 bases as WWG.
Hey Jeff,

The easiest solution is to use 80mm bases and make a single WWg base be two of your 40x80s together. The army looks really good that way, too.

Of course, then you have a nightmare trying to find opponents with the same basing system.

We wrestled for several years with the problem of 40x80 bases on WWg. Writing rules that work with double-size bases was a horror. Which is why we eventually gave up and went with square bases for WWg.

In friendly games in a small environment where everyone agrees in advance you can do a lot of stuff -- but I rebased all my WWg from 40x80 to 40x40 after we went with square bases, and I can tell you that it's just better.
DK
Brian Caskey
Squire

Re: Warwagon base size

Post by Brian Caskey » Wed Oct 27, 2021 4:06 pm

I say buy NEW Thistle and Rose Hussites
Brian Caskey

Sgt Maj Centurion - the Legion Builder

I love Thistle & Rose Figures