Coop play

Anything else related to the TRIUMPH! rules
Brummbär
Companion-at-Arms

Coop play

Post by Brummbär » Tue May 18, 2021 6:30 am

In my gaming group there is lately a trend towards Coop gaming (players against a kind of AI system), which means that games like Triumph are a bit "off the table".
As a big fan of the system I surely want to change this :D

Has anybody ever found a good AI system to control one side in a historical game like Triumph?
Thinking about Roman Legions which need to hold their ground against hordes of barbarians for example...

Thanks for any ideas / input / thoughts...
Rod
Grand Master WGC

Re: Coop play

Post by Rod » Tue May 18, 2021 11:53 am

hmmmm, a lot of people have tried to do that for miniature games as a solo game. Not sure I have ever heard of it for when you have an opponent?

In theory you can try to get them to do Grand Triumph with teams?
David Kuijt
Grand Master WGC

Post by David Kuijt » Tue May 18, 2021 12:05 pm

Brummbär wrote:
Tue May 18, 2021 6:30 am
Thinking about Roman Legions which need to hold their ground against hordes of barbarians for example...
It wouldn't be hard to do the limited version of Co-op games where there is one player who does the "Enemy" and some number who play the good guys (as happens in Shadows over Camelot, for example). Do a Grand Triumph battle where one experienced player runs a very simple (nearly monotype) army, facing three players with more complicated armies.

I haven't seen an AI, but it wouldn't be hard to make one for slower figures (Early Saxon, for example). It would be very hard to make a GOOD one, of course. But it wouldn't be hard to make one that is challenging to new players of Triumph.
DK
Brummbär
Companion-at-Arms

Post by Brummbär » Tue May 18, 2021 1:30 pm

Thanks for your tips!
Guess that is the way to go.