Fall back whilst flanked

A place for questions by and for the new gamer to TRIUMPH!
greedo
Squire

Re: Fall back whilst flanked

Post by greedo » Sat Mar 06, 2021 5:38 pm

David Kuijt wrote:
Sat Mar 06, 2021 11:10 am
Do you remember SPI rules, back in the 1970s and early 80s?
Alas no, I was 3 in 1981 :) although my dad did teach me to play Stalingrad back in the day. My rules growing up was Warhammer Fantasy Battle, Car Wars, and forwards. About ‘90. Even tried to play Johnny Reb...

One thing I’ve noticed amongst many ancients players, is they tend to be a bit older and all seem to have a DBM army in their closet that they’ve been waiting to pull out again. So I was starting a bit behind!
David Kuijt
Grand Master WGC

Re: Fall back whilst flanked

Post by David Kuijt » Sat Mar 06, 2021 6:56 pm

greedo wrote:
Sat Mar 06, 2021 5:38 pm
Alas no, I was 3 in 1981 :) although my dad did teach me to play Stalingrad back in the day. My rules growing up was Warhammer Fantasy Battle, Car Wars, and forwards. About ‘90. Even tried to play Johnny Reb...

One thing I’ve noticed amongst many ancients players, is they tend to be a bit older and all seem to have a DBM army in their closet that they’ve been waiting to pull out again. So I was starting a bit behind!
If you think long-term, that's all to the good. Make a lot of ancients friends now; in 20 years they're all gonna start kicking the bucket and giving their friends a few armies each -- so with social investment now, you'll be cashing in for a lot of armies in a decade or three!
DK